Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Blue Screen STOP: c0000221

Blue Screen STOP: c0000221

zzzzzombie

while rebooting my window xp, the blue screen show up indicating - "STOP:
C0000221 {Bad Image Checksum} The image SHDOCVW.dlll is possibly corrupt.
The header checksum does not match the computed checksum".

I can not get past the blue screen. I have tried to start in safe mode,
safe mode with command prompt. I have also tried Last Know good
Configuration, Debugging mode, and Directory Services Restore Mode.

any suggestions?
Thanks!

Lawrence Garvin

"zzzzzombie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> while rebooting my window xp, the blue screen show up indicating - "STOP:
> C0000221 {Bad Image Checksum} The image SHDOCVW.dlll is possibly corrupt.
> The header checksum does not match the computed checksum".
>
> I can not get past the blue screen. I have tried to start in safe mode,
> safe mode with command prompt. I have also tried Last Know good
> Configuration, Debugging mode, and Directory Services Restore Mode.

Your last option (not that this is the correct forum to be asking/answering
this question),
is to boot from the Windows XP installation media, execute a "Repair
Installation",
and then reapply Service Pack 2 and the required updates.

The SHDOCVW.DLL is a core component of the engine that runs the desktop, and
without it you won't get very far.

Note: There's only one of two reasons why this file is corrupted -- either
it's been attacked by malware, or your hard drive is failing in the area
containing the system files.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCBMSP, MCTS, MCP
Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"zzzzzombie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> while rebooting my window xp, the blue screen show up indicating - "STOP:
> C0000221 {Bad Image Checksum} The image SHDOCVW.dlll is possibly corrupt.
> The header checksum does not match the computed checksum".
>
> I can not get past the blue screen. I have tried to start in safe mode,
> safe mode with command prompt. I have also tried Last Know good
> Configuration, Debugging mode, and Directory Services Restore Mode.
>
> any suggestions?
> Thanks!

Um, there is a whole google page for this.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...pt+blue+screen ...
Research.
Microsoft Exam Security Newsgroup -