Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > how to "upgrade" from Trial (eval) to OEM ???

how to "upgrade" from Trial (eval) to OEM ???

Lukasz

Hello.

I just got a message from windows:
"The evaluation period for this installation has expired. This system will
shutdown in 1 hour. To restore access to this instllation of Windows, please
upgrade this installation using a licensed distribution of this product."

Can You please tell me step-by-step how should I make the upgrade with
original OEM disk not to loose everything on current installation ????

regards
Lukasz

Colin Barnhorst

Repair install.

"Lukasz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello.
>
> I just got a message from windows:
> "The evaluation period for this installation has expired. This system will
> shutdown in 1 hour. To restore access to this instllation of Windows,
> please
> upgrade this installation using a licensed distribution of this product."
>
> Can You please tell me step-by-step how should I make the upgrade with
> original OEM disk not to loose everything on current installation ????
>
> regards
> Lukasz

Charlie Russel - MVP

Do a "repair install". If you need step by step instructions, google
"windows xp repair install" and the first site is Michael Stevens' excellent
step by step instructions.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Lukasz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello.
>
> I just got a message from windows:
> "The evaluation period for this installation has expired. This system will
> shutdown in 1 hour. To restore access to this instllation of Windows,
> please
> upgrade this installation using a licensed distribution of this product."
>
> Can You please tell me step-by-step how should I make the upgrade with
> original OEM disk not to loose everything on current installation ????
>
> regards
> Lukasz

Lukasz

Can You please say more ?

Shold I boot in safe mode and after logging in insert the CD and the choose
Repair or what ?

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Repair install.
>
> "Lukasz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello.
> >
> > I just got a message from windows:
> > "The evaluation period for this installation has expired. This system will
> > shutdown in 1 hour. To restore access to this instllation of Windows,
> > please
> > upgrade this installation using a licensed distribution of this product."
> >
> > Can You please tell me step-by-step how should I make the upgrade with
> > original OEM disk not to loose everything on current installation ????
> >
> > regards
> > Lukasz

Colin Barnhorst

Charlie has answered.

"Lukasz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can You please say more ?
>
> Shold I boot in safe mode and after logging in insert the CD and the
> choose
> Repair or what ?
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> Repair install.
>>
>> "Lukasz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hello.
>> >
>> > I just got a message from windows:
>> > "The evaluation period for this installation has expired. This system
>> > will
>> > shutdown in 1 hour. To restore access to this instllation of Windows,
>> > please
>> > upgrade this installation using a licensed distribution of this
>> > product."
>> >
>> > Can You please tell me step-by-step how should I make the upgrade with
>> > original OEM disk not to loose everything on current installation ????
>> >
>> > regards
>> > Lukasz

Charlie Russel - MVP

And I didn't even say GIYF.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Charlie has answered.
>
> "Lukasz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Can You please say more ?
>>
>> Shold I boot in safe mode and after logging in insert the CD and the
>> choose
>> Repair or what ?
>>
>> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>>
>>> Repair install.
>>>
>>> "Lukasz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Colin Barnhorst

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> And I didn't even say GIYF.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Charlie has answered.
>>
>> "Lukasz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Can You please say more ?
>>>
>>> Shold I boot in safe mode and after logging in insert the CD and the
>>> choose
>>> Repair or what ?

Carlos

GIYF = Google It and Ye shall Findeth!

Carlos
P.S.: I already know the two other "standard" interpretations of the acronym

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> And I didn't even say GIYF.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Charlie has answered.
> >
> > "Lukasz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Can You please say more ?
> >>
> >> Shold I boot in safe mode and after logging in insert the CD and the
> >> choose
> >> Repair or what ?

Colin Barnhorst

Charlie was knighted on his last trip to London. He is now known as

Charles Russel OOBE FWIW OMG ROLF RTFM

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> GIYF = Google It and Ye shall Findeth!
>
> Carlos
> P.S.: I already know the two other "standard" interpretations of the
> acronym
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>

>> And I didn't even say GIYF.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> "Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Charlie has answered.
>> >
>> > "Lukasz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Charlie Russel - MVP

ROFLU

--