Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Ghost or prank?

Ghost or prank?

richard

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/off...oio?DPFPR=true

A strange blue blob floats around a service station and getting caught
on video?
At one point it perfectly fills the windshield of a car?
Yet can't be seen outdoors?
Me thinks this falls under the prank category and the news media is
gullible.

Evan Platt

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:14:38 -0500, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/off...oio?DPFPR=true
>
>A strange blue blob floats around a service station and getting caught
>on video?
>At one point it perfectly fills the windshield of a car?
>Yet can't be seen outdoors?
>Me thinks this falls under the prank category and the news media is
>gullible.

<Before loading link>

The old 'bug / insect walking on camera screen?

<Watches video>
Yep.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/off...oio?DPFPR=true
>
>A strange blue blob floats around a service station and getting caught
>on video?
>At one point it perfectly fills the windshield of a car?
>Yet can't be seen outdoors?
>Me thinks this falls under the prank category and the news media is
>gullible.

Notice the date of this: November 14, 2007

It was a bug on the lens.
--

Hubble finds double Einstein ring
http://www.spacetelescope.org/news/html/heic0803.html

richard

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:06:35 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/off...oio?DPFPR=true
>>
>>A strange blue blob floats around a service station and getting caught
>>on video?
>>At one point it perfectly fills the windshield of a car?
>>Yet can't be seen outdoors?
>>Me thinks this falls under the prank category and the news media is
>>gullible.

>Notice the date of this: November 14, 2007
>
>It was a bug on the lens.

No this was no bug. Because no bug can change it's' size and shape and
cover a 1/4th of the screen. More than likely done with software like
the tv stations use to block out areas and faces when needed. I
couldn't believe the idiots fell for it.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:06:35 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/off...oio?DPFPR=true

>>>A strange blue blob floats around a service station and getting caught
>>>on video?
>>>At one point it perfectly fills the windshield of a car?
>>>Yet can't be seen outdoors?
>>>Me thinks this falls under the prank category and the news media is
>>>gullible.

>>Notice the date of this: November 14, 2007
>>
>>It was a bug on the lens.

>No this was no bug. Because no bug can change it's' size and shape and
>cover a 1/4th of the screen. More than likely done with software like
>the tv stations use to block out areas and faces when needed. I
>couldn't believe the idiots fell for it.

This has been done to death, depending upon where you frequent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlNynxlZflc

--

Hubble finds double Einstein ring
http://www.spacetelescope.org/news/html/heic0803.html

Mitch

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Evan Platt
<evan@*******************************> wrote:

> <Before loading link>
>
> The old 'bug / insect walking on camera screen?
>
> <Watches video>
> Yep.

I think it moves like a lizard/gecko.
If the camera is in a weatherproof dome, and there is color
correction...

ellis_jay

richard wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:06:35 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/off...oio?DPFPR=true

>>> A strange blue blob floats around a service station and getting
>>> caught on video?
>>> At one point it perfectly fills the windshield of a car?
>>> Yet can't be seen outdoors?
>>> Me thinks this falls under the prank category and the news media is
>>> gullible.

>> Notice the date of this: November 14, 2007
>>
>> It was a bug on the lens.

> No this was no bug. Because no bug can change it's' size and shape and
> cover a 1/4th of the screen. More than likely done with software like
> the tv stations use to block out areas and faces when needed. I
> couldn't believe the idiots fell for it.

Seems similar in nature to what are called "rods". It turns out that the
"rods" were moths that appeared differently because of the camera speed..

--
A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his
government. ___Edward Abbey

richard

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:06:00 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Notice the date of this: November 14, 2007
>>>
>>>It was a bug on the lens.

>>No this was no bug. Because no bug can change it's' size and shape and
>>cover a 1/4th of the screen. More than likely done with software like
>>the tv stations use to block out areas and faces when needed. I
>>couldn't believe the idiots fell for it.

>This has been done to death, depending upon where you frequent.
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlNynxlZflc

Once you see that video, you will understand that it is actually a
bug.
With the wall surface being blue, ergo, reflected light colors the out
of focus bug, well, duh, blue.
Besides the camera itself in dire need of adjustment.
Evident by the fact that the reporter's clothing color changed from
blue to red.