Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > SUS or WSUS on 70-291

SUS or WSUS on 70-291

dave d.

Does anyone know wether sus or wsus is covered (tested) on the 70-291?

Which version of wsus?

Thank you

Lawrence Garvin

"dave d." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know wether sus or wsus is covered (tested) on the 70-291?

All three of the Windows Server exams (70-290, 70-291, and 70-293) cover
WSUS 2.0 to some extent,
as is plainly documented in the "Skills Being Measured" section of the
relevant exam descriptions.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCBMSP, MCTS, MCP
Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Adamu Garba

Dave

Just make sure that you have the fundamental and practical knowledge of WSUS
architecture and its principles of operations. the questions does not prompt
whether version is this or that.
Just be sure you ahve the updated knowledge.

Adamu Garba
MCSE
"dave d." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know wether sus or wsus is covered (tested) on the 70-291?
>
> Which version of wsus?
>
> Thank you

Andrew Du

With respect it's not THAT clearly documented. The description mentions SUS,
the book I have (most recent afaik) covers WSUS2 but says the exam is about
SUS, and of course now we have WSUS3. I think the question was a fair one. I
read your answer as being that the current exam covers WSUS2. Correct?
--
No sig is a good sig

"Lawrence Garvin" wrote:

> "dave d." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Does anyone know wether sus or wsus is covered (tested) on the 70-291?

> All three of the Windows Server exams (70-290, 70-291, and 70-293) cover
> WSUS 2.0 to some extent,
> as is plainly documented in the "Skills Being Measured" section of the
> relevant exam descriptions.
>

> --
> Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCBMSP, MCTS, MCP
> Senior Data Architect, APQC, Houston, Texas
> Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-200

> http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

John R

"Andrew Du" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> With respect it's not THAT clearly documented. The description mentions
> SUS,
> the book I have (most recent afaik) covers WSUS2 but says the exam is
> about
> SUS, and of course now we have WSUS3. I think the question was a fair one.
> read your answer as being that the current exam covers WSUS2. Correct?
> --
> No sig is a good sig
>

> "Lawrence Garvin" wrote:
>
>> "dave d." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Does anyone know wether sus or wsus is covered (tested) on the 70-291?

>> All three of the Windows Server exams (70-290, 70-291, and 70-293) cover
>> WSUS 2.0 to some extent,
>> as is plainly documented in the "Skills Being Measured" section of
>> the
>> relevant exam descriptions.

To my knowledge, the tests normally aren't updated to include new content.
Any old content which is deemed to be incorrect because of newer versions
and such is removed from the tests, but no new content is added based on
newer versions. On that basis, (and as far as I remember), the questions
that you might see on the test will probably not be specific to WSUS2 or
WSUS3 or probably even WSUS. The NDA prevents me from telling you what you
might see or what I saw, however I would suggest that you become familiar
with the concepts of SUS, WSUS, client configuration for it, etc, and not
worry so much about clicking here or there.

Although, if you want to be a system administrator some day, or if you
currently are one, you should know that too

John R

catwalker63

=?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3IER1?= <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled
ceaselessly in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> With respect it's not THAT clearly documented. The description
> mentions SUS, the book I have (most recent afaik) covers WSUS2 but
> says the exam is about SUS, and of course now we have WSUS3. I think
> the question was a fair one. I read your answer as being that the
> current exam covers WSUS2. Correct?

I believe Lawrence directed you to the Microsoft Learning website where the
objectives for each exam are laid out. If you have questions about what
will be on the exam, that's the place to look.

--
Catwalker
MCNGP #43

70-291 and SUS/WSUS David MCSE 3 03-18-2008 02:32 PM
70-271: wsus or sus? dave d. MCSE 3 01-16-2008 03:12 AM
70-290 sus or wsus?? Thomas Nielsen Microsoft Certification 1 05-21-2006 05:02 PM
70-290 SUS or WSUS? =?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?= MCSE 6 12-13-2005 04:34 AM
290 - Study SUS or WSUS paul.cina@gmail.com MCSA 7 10-29-2005 03:59 PM

Advertisments