Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > building site and pages?

building site and pages?

How does it work

When building a site your index page should be built just like the
other ones right?

Meaning keywords, description and title should be page spacific and
include all the links to your other pages within the domain or sub-
domain and all other pages just have a home link on it?

How important is text to code ratio?

When you use SEO and your results are
Meta tags analysis.
Title:
Title meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 73 characters.
Title relevancy to page content is excellent.
The Title relevancy to page content is 100%.
Description meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 122 characters.
Description relevancy to page content is good.
The Description relevancy to page content is 94%.
necessarily bad if you have a lot of content. The most important
factor is to have your keywords on the page a few times.
The keywords relevancy to page content is 71%.
Robots:
Found no robots meta tag.
This tag is not really required but helps spiders to index the web
page.
Is This good or should I shoot for 100% all the way? It seems like 100
% would cut out alot of keywords

Can/Does Google, MSN, Yahoo and the rest read PHP for indexing.

When you build your index page should you add your sitemap.xml to it
and where in the head?

Thanks
Doug

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)

How does it work <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> When building a site your index page should be built just like the
> other ones right?
>
> Meaning keywords, description and title should be page spacific and
> include all the links to your other pages within the domain or sub-
> domain and all other pages just have a home link on it?

It is rarely a good idea to put on the home page the links to
every single pag. That is what a site map is for. The whole
question of navigation is a big one. Care to ask something more
specific?

I can suggest to you that it is a good idea generally to put
links to the gate pages of all major sections of the website on
the home page. But there is no need and it is often simply
confusing and overkill to go further. A pox on all such sites, a
pox on the absurd use or overuse of dropdown menus.

The important thing is that each major section has a local
navigation for its own content and a means to get back to the
home page and also the other section gateways. If you were to do
just this, you be doing something good and sound and true.

> How important is text to code ratio?

Now that is a nice question! The sort that can stimulate debate
depending on the interpretation. If you mean markup text (like
tags and such) to content (where content is basically real
information available the user) then let me propose a theory: the
bigger the ratio (with content being the big bit), the more
elegant and better the website. Overcoding and over specifying
and over everything is the normal crappy thing to be found daily
on websites. But simplicity of structure and rich in information
is the rare delight.

> When you build your index page should you add your sitemap.xml to it
> and where in the head?

I put a sitemap link in the footer of every single page quite
often, but there is no hard rule, there are good arguments for
making this more prominent I am sure.

--
dorayme

How does it work

On Jan 10, 5:47 pm, dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>
> How does it work <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > When building a site your index page should be built just like the
> > other ones right?

> > Meaning keywords, description and title should be page spacific and
> > include all the links to your other pages within the domain or sub-
> > domain and all other pages just have a home link on it?

> It is rarely a good idea to put on the home page the links to
> every single pag. That is what a site map is for. The whole
> question of navigation is a big one. Care to ask something more
> specific?
>
> I can suggest to you that it is a good idea generally to put
> links to the gate pages of all major sections of the website on
> the home page. But there is no need and it is often simply
> confusing and overkill to go further. A pox on all such sites, a
> pox on the absurd use or overuse of dropdown menus.
>
> The important thing is that each major section has a local
> navigation for its own content and a means to get back to the
> home page and also the other section gateways. If you were to do
> just this, you be doing something good and sound and true.
>
> > How important is text to code ratio?

> Now that is a nice question! The sort that can stimulate debate
> depending on the interpretation. If you mean markup text (like
> tags and such) to content (where content is basically real
> information available the user) then let me propose a theory: the
> bigger the ratio (with content being the big bit), the more
> elegant and better the website. Overcoding and over specifying
> and over everything is the normal crappy thing to be found daily
> on websites. But simplicity of structure and rich in information
> is the rare delight.
>

> > When you build your index page should you add your sitemap.xml to it
> > and where in the head?

> I put a sitemap link in the footer of every single page quite
> often, but there is no hard rule, there are good arguments for
> making this more prominent I am sure.
>
> --
> dorayme

Thank you