Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Error reports

Error reports

Leopold

Help! I'm being plagued with demands for error reports, these are totally
unpredictable. Is there anyway of removing this nuisance from the Windows XP
system, it does not seem to benefit the user at all.

TJ

"Leopold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Help! I'm being plagued with demands for error reports,

That happens a lot with BT, NTL, Virgin Media, and Google group users.

> these are
> totally unpredictable.

Indeed.

> Is there anyway of removing this nuisance from
> the Windows XP system,

Yes. Step away from the keyboard ASAP.

> it does not seem to benefit the user at all.

Following my advice above will benefit MANY users a great deal.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Leopold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Help! I'm being plagued with demands for error reports, these are totally
>unpredictable. Is there anyway of removing this nuisance from the Windows XP
>system, it does not seem to benefit the user at all.

Start | Run <type in>
services.msc
<enter>

Disable "Error Reporting Service" ?