Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Recovering from out of memory on the stack

Recovering from out of memory on the stack

woshanzhimu

Tor Rustad 写道:
> jacob navia wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> P.S. When some people tell you that C "Doesn't use a stack" or
>> that "C doesn't know about a stack" just ignore them, they
>> are trying to confuse you.

> Repeat after me... slowly 1000 times:
>
> An C implementation may or may not, implement function calls using a stack.

Could you give me some examples of such a c implenmentation?

user923005

On Jan 15, 7:34 pm, woshanzhimu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Tor Rustad $B<LF;(B:> jacob navia wrote:
>
> > [...]

> >> P.S. When some people tell you that C "Doesn't use a stack" or
> >> that "C doesn't know about a stack" just ignore them, they
> >> are trying to confuse you.

> > Repeat after me... slowly 1000 times:

> > An C implementation may or may not, implement function calls using a stack.

> Could you give me some examples of such a c implenmentation?

There are machines that do not even have a stack. On such a machine,
function calls could be implemented by some other method. Of course,
you could use a software stack but a linked list would work just as
nicely.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.f...c1ae4a0bb32717
for modern and ancient machines without one.

jacob navia

user923005 wrote:
> On Jan 15, 7:34 pm, woshanzhimu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Tor Rustad $B<LF;(B:> jacob navia wrote:
>>
>>> [...]
>>> Repeat after me... slowly 1000 times:
>>> An C implementation may or may not, implement function calls using a stack.

>> Could you give me some examples of such a c implenmentation?

> There are machines that do not even have a stack. On such a machine,
> function calls could be implemented by some other method. Of course,
> you could use a software stack but a linked list would work just as
> nicely.

> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.f...c1ae4a0bb32717
> for modern and ancient machines without one.

Excuse me but the word "stack" doesn't appear in that thread

--
jacob navia
jacob at jacob point remcomp point fr