Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Sipgate - registering mobile

Sipgate - registering mobile

Piers Finlayson

"Michael Chare" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Piers Finlayson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:47869293$0$13934$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> If I get a chance I'll see if I can get it working with Sipgate tomorrow.

> Thanks, I shall look forward to hearing the outcome! At the moment even
> the preconfigured Sipgate X-Lite PC software won't accept incoming calls
> (except once!)

Worked a treat with sipgate - nothing special over and above the sipgate
settings required. It does sound like you're having general network
problems though - given your X-lite problems.

Michael Chare

"Piers Finlayson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:47874427$0$21096$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Michael Chare" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Piers Finlayson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:47869293$0$13934$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> If I get a chance I'll see if I can get it working with Sipgate
>>> tomorrow.

>> Thanks, I shall look forward to hearing the outcome! At the moment even
>> the preconfigured Sipgate X-Lite PC software won't accept incoming calls
>> (except once!)
>>

> Worked a treat with sipgate - nothing special over and above the sipgate
> settings required. It does sound like you're having general network
> problems though - given your X-lite problems.

Thanks for the info. Right now there is some fault within Pipex which has
broken my ADSL connection.

X-lite did work with a BTinternet dial up connection, whether this is
because Sipgate have done something with my account after I complained about
not being able to add money or because I am avoiding my Speedtouch 510 NAT
router I don't yet know.

It is nice to know that the phone should work though. Thanks for your help.

--
Michael Chare

Michael Chare

"Michael Chare" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Looks like my Speedtouch 510 is the cause of the problem. Google has found
a couple of possible fixes but they look to be more than a 2 minute job to
implement!

--
Michael Chare

Piers Finlayson

"Michael Chare" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Michael Chare" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> Looks like my Speedtouch 510 is the cause of the problem. Google has
> found a couple of possible fixes but they look to be more than a 2 minute
> job to implement!

Rings bells. I had to do something to my Speedtouch 546 before SIP would
work through it. The Speedtouch does some horrible things to SIP packets.
Off the top of I head I can't remember what I did, but I had to telnet into
the thing and poke around until I turned the SIP ALG function off.