Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > PIL rotate : Rotate By Shear / Paeth Rotation?

PIL rotate : Rotate By Shear / Paeth Rotation?

IanJSparks

I've been doing some image rotation with PIL and comparing the images
with imagemagick's convert -rotate output.

Imagemagick uses an RBS / Paeth rotation algorithm that appears to
give better results than PIL's rotate method.

However, I love PIL and don't want to have to shell out to imagemagick
or use it's python bindings if I can stay with my beloved Python
Imaging Library.

Has anyone implemented RBS using PIL? Anyone looked at doing it and
backed away?