Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Getting a Voip-in # from BetaMax in a country you don't live in?

Getting a Voip-in # from BetaMax in a country you don't live in?

Jose

Hi All,

Has anyone found out how to do this?

Suppose you have family in one country, and you live in a diferent
country, and would like them to be able to call you cheaply...

Regards,
Jose

Phil Collin

All sign up to the same provider, then your calls are free...

Jose wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Has anyone found out how to do this?
>
> Suppose you have family in one country, and you live in a diferent
> country, and would like them to be able to call you cheaply...
>
> Regards,
> Jose

Philippe Deleye

"Jose" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Suppose you have family in one country, and you live in a diferent
> country, and would like them to be able to call you cheaply...

This works perfectly ..... but only for the countries where Betamax issues
Voip-in numbers
However you will need to indicate the country of your choice as your country
during registration

I have a german Betamax number, a dutch and a french one

rgds
Ph

Jose

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:15:04 +0100, "Philippe Deleye"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>However you will need to indicate the country of your choice as your country
>during registration

It worked perfectly! Thanks a lot for the tip!

Regards,
Jose

PS - Can you forward incoming calls on those Betamax numbers to any
other number? I'm still trying, using the PAP2 settings, so far with
no luck, still hoping it's just something Betamax systems' will have
worked out in a few hours, as sometimes the call doesn't complete at
all, or I get a message "This user is not online at the moment" (which
is not true).

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Jose wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:15:04 +0100, "Philippe Deleye"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> However you will need to indicate the country of your choice as your
>> country during registration

> It worked perfectly! Thanks a lot for the tip!
>
> Regards,
> Jose
>
> PS - Can you forward incoming calls on those Betamax numbers to any
> other number? I'm still trying, using the PAP2 settings, so far with
> no luck, still hoping it's just something Betamax systems' will have
> worked out in a few hours, as sometimes the call doesn't complete at
> all, or I get a message "This user is not online at the moment" (which
> is not true).

Yes, you can forwards calls, you log in on the website and then go to client
settings, then chose forward calls...

--
Worried about debt?
http://www.cccs.co.uk

Philippe Deleye

"Jose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> It worked perfectly! Thanks a lot for the tip!

Just for my interest:
* for which country you succeeded in getting a Voip-in nr
* what area code ?

Ph

Jose

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 07:45:39 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
<bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>Yes, you can forwards calls, you log in on the website and then go to client
>settings, then chose forward calls...

Amen to that brother, you've found the hidden treasure! It's already
working!

Best,
Jose

Jose

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:35:23 +0100, "Philippe Deleye"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Just for my interest:
> * for which country you succeeded in getting a Voip-in nr
> * what area code ?

I hadn't a speciall interest in this or that country, but I had a
slight preference for UK numbers, and knew that Betamax was assigning
Voip-INs there.

So, I registered as living in the UK, and got a Voip-In number:
0560-xxx.xxxx.

Regards,
Jose

Ivor Jones

"Jose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
: : On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:35:23 +0100, "Philippe Deleye"
: : <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: :
: : : Just for my interest:
: : : * for which country you succeeded in getting a
: : : Voip-in nr
: : : * what area code ?
: :
: : I hadn't a speciall interest in this or that country,
: : but I had a slight preference for UK numbers, and knew
: : that Betamax was assigning Voip-INs there.
: :
: : So, I registered as living in the UK, and got a Voip-In
: : number: 0560-xxx.xxxx.

Oh dear. Couldn't you get a proper number..?

Ivor

Iain

Ivor Jones wrote:

> Oh dear. Couldn't you get a proper number..?

Well, that's all I could get. One Euro down the drain.

Iain