Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Use Design Mode with User Control?

Use Design Mode with User Control?

Steve - DND

I have created a user control using the HTML view, and I now want to switch
to Design mode so that it will automatically enter the controls used on the
page in the code-behind, but the option to switch over is not available.
Also, whenever I load up my controls, I get the message:

"The file failed to load in the Web Form designer. Please correct the
following error, then load it again: An exception occurred while trying to
create an instance of <Control>. The exception was "Object reference not set
to an instance of an object.".

This is starting to get incredibly annoying, as it pops up this message
everytime I open the control to make changes. What's the deal here guys?

Thanks,
Steve

Sreejumon[MVP]

Hi,

I think problem is with your ascx html syntax. Does your
inherrit keyword in the page directive matches with the
namespace mentioned in the codebehind?. If there is a mis
match between the namespace this error can happen. Can you
able to compile and run your code? Could you please sent
your ascx code.

regards
Sreejumon[MVP]
DOTNET makes IT happen