Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Forward from line1 to line2, with PAP2??

Forward from line1 to line2, with PAP2??

Jose

Hi All,

Using a Linksys PAP2, can one forward unanswered calls from Line1 to
Line2, and instruct Line2 to forward calls to a PSTN number?

If so, how?

If not, what could possibly do what I'm after?

Thanks,
Jose

Ivor Jones

"Jose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
: : Hi All,
: :
: : Using a Linksys PAP2, can one forward unanswered calls
: : from Line1 to Line2, and instruct Line2 to forward
: : calls to a PSTN number?
: :
: : If so, how?
: :
: : If not, what could possibly do what I'm after?
: :
: : Thanks,
: : Jose

You don't say which provider you're using. Sipgate certainly offer call
forwarding, but it's a network function rather than something your ATA
does. I don't know the PAP2 so can't comment on that device.

Ivor

MeGgAhUrTz

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Jose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
> Sipgate certainly offer call forwarding,

> Ivor

Just like watching a bad 80`s film with product placement....

Ivor Jones

"MeGgAhUrTz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:478614cd$0$29476$(E-Mail Removed)
: : "Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
: : message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: : : "Jose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: : : news:(E-Mail Removed)
: : : Sipgate certainly offer call forwarding,
: :
: : : Ivor
: : :
: :
: : Just like watching a bad 80`s film with product
: : placement....

Eh..? I don't understand. I stated a fact, nothing more.

Ivor

Jose

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 04:14:35 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You don't say which provider you're using. Sipgate certainly offer call
>forwarding, but it's a network function rather than something your ATA

Voip provider 1 offers call forwarding. I'm getting calls through that
provider. I'd like to, in some circumstances, forward incoming calls
to my mobile. Trouble is, Voip Provider 1, charges an arm and a leg
for calls to my mobile.

Voip provider 2, does not allow incoming calls, therefore neither call
forwarding, but... charges peanuts for calls to my mobile.

>does. I don't know the PAP2 so can't comment on that device.

The PAP2 allows you to set up call forwarding if busy, of if
unanswered, to the number of your choice, but to the best of my
knowledge, only using the account which is receiving the call...

I'd like it to forward my unanswered calls coming from Voip provider
1, to my mobile, using Voip provider 2.

Sugestions?

Jose

Jono

Jose brought next idea :
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 04:14:35 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> You don't say which provider you're using. Sipgate certainly offer call
>> forwarding, but it's a network function rather than something your ATA

> Voip provider 1 offers call forwarding. I'm getting calls through that
> provider. I'd like to, in some circumstances, forward incoming calls
> to my mobile. Trouble is, Voip Provider 1, charges an arm and a leg
> for calls to my mobile.
>
> Voip provider 2, does not allow incoming calls, therefore neither call
> forwarding, but... charges peanuts for calls to my mobile.
>
>> does. I don't know the PAP2 so can't comment on that device.

> The PAP2 allows you to set up call forwarding if busy, of if
> unanswered, to the number of your choice, but to the best of my
> knowledge, only using the account which is receiving the call...
>
> I'd like it to forward my unanswered calls coming from Voip provider
> 1, to my mobile, using Voip provider 2.
>
> Sugestions?

Voxalot?

Register both your providers with voxalot; register your ATA with
voxalot. Build a dial plan. done.

Bit of small cost though.

I'm sure there are some instructions here <www.leafcom.co.uk>

Jose

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:21:00 GMT, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Voxalot?
>
>Register both your providers with voxalot; register your ATA with
>voxalot. Build a dial plan. done.
>
>Bit of small cost though.
>
>I'm sure there are some instructions here <www.leafcom.co.uk>

Had no idea of the concept's existance. Seems brilliant! I'll have to
study the dial plans configs, in the lefcom pages.

What cost did you have in mind? How does Voxalot make some out of
their free acounts??

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Jose

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Jose wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 04:14:35 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> You don't say which provider you're using. Sipgate certainly offer
>> call forwarding, but it's a network function rather than something
>> your ATA

> Voip provider 1 offers call forwarding. I'm getting calls through that
> provider. I'd like to, in some circumstances, forward incoming calls
> to my mobile. Trouble is, Voip Provider 1, charges an arm and a leg
> for calls to my mobile.
>
> Voip provider 2, does not allow incoming calls, therefore neither call
> forwarding, but... charges peanuts for calls to my mobile.
>
>> does. I don't know the PAP2 so can't comment on that device.

> The PAP2 allows you to set up call forwarding if busy, of if
> unanswered, to the number of your choice, but to the best of my
> knowledge, only using the account which is receiving the call...
>
> I'd like it to forward my unanswered calls coming from Voip provider
> 1, to my mobile, using Voip provider 2.
>
> Sugestions?
>
> Jose

Who is the VoIP provider 2 that doesn't offer incoming calls?

Jose

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 07:44:02 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
<bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>Who is the VoIP provider 2 that doesn't offer incoming calls?

Betamax, in the countries where they don't have Voip-Ins.

I've finally been able to get a Betamax Voip-In in the UK - although I
live in Portugal - but I'm getting the feeling they don't let me
forward an incoming call to some other number, as when I'm away from
the office, and would like to take the call in my mobile

Regards,
Jose

Oldie

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jose) wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:21:00 GMT, Jono <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Voxalot?
> >
> >Register both your providers with voxalot; register your ATA with
> >voxalot. Build a dial plan. done.
> >
> >Bit of small cost though.
> >
> >I'm sure there are some instructions here <www.leafcom.co.uk>

> Had no idea of the concept's existance. Seems brilliant! I'll have to
> study the dial plans configs, in the lefcom pages.
>
> What cost did you have in mind? How does Voxalot make some out of
> their free acounts??

If you want to be able to register one DID for incoming calls on Voxalot
- and have the Call Forwarding facility - USD 15 per year (a higher cost
for more than one DID).

If your provider 1 can redirect to your Voxalot SIP URI you don't need
to register it to receive incoming calls, but then if you don't register
it you don't get Call Forwarding!

In general, you don't need to register a DID to be able to make outgoing
calls. Certainly not the Betamax ones anyway. I use a Betamax account
for the very purpose that you are looking for. The only downside is that
the CLI that you will see on your mobile is that of the DID used for the
forwarding leg, not that of the incoming caller. At least you'll know
that it's an incoming diverted call though.

In my case I have registered one DID with Voxalot so that I can get the
add-on functions. My other DIDs are redirected straight to my Voxalot
SIP URI, and they can be used for forwarding too. That way I just pay
$15 pa for a very flexible service.

Oldie