Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > C - Video conferencing SDK?

Reply
Thread Tools

C - Video conferencing SDK?

 
 
blanko
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-10-2008

I'd like to add some video conferencing capabilities to my
application. Does anyone know of an SDK out there that would be
helpful? Any ideas? Thank you.

-M

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jack Klein
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-10-2008
On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 17:21:55 -0800 (PST), blanko <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in comp.lang.c:

>
> I'd like to add some video conferencing capabilities to my
> application. Does anyone know of an SDK out there that would be
> helpful? Any ideas? Thank you.


What exactly was your question about the C *** language ***???

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com
FAQs for
comp.lang.c http://c-faq.com/
comp.lang.c++ http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++
http://www.club.cc.cmu.edu/~ajo/docs/FAQ-acllc.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Antoninus Twink
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-10-2008
On 10 Jan 2008 at 1:21, blanko wrote:
> I'd like to add some video conferencing capabilities to my
> application. Does anyone know of an SDK out there that would be
> helpful? Any ideas? Thank you.


You've made the common mistake of thinking that this group might be a
place where real-life C developers can discuss real-world C.

Unfortunately, this is not the case: only purely academic questions of
interest only to language lawyers are acceptable to (the most vocal part
of) this group.

I see you've already started getting "Welcome to clc - now go away and
rot" messages from the "regulars". That's completely par for the course
- nothing to do with you.

Kenny McCormack has compiled some

--
Useful clc-related links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clique
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_programming_language
 
Reply With Quote
 
vippstar@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-10-2008
On Jan 10, 11:13 am, Antoninus Twink <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 10 Jan 2008 at 1:21, blanko wrote:
>
> > I'd like to add some video conferencing capabilities to my
> > application. Does anyone know of an SDK out there that would be
> > helpful? Any ideas? Thank you.

>
> You've made the common mistake of thinking that this group might be a
> place where real-life C developers can discuss real-world C.

<OT post, ignore if you must>
I think i understand where you're coming from, however this is c.l.c
after all, what do you expect other than ISO C?
Do you want to discuss POSIX/UNIX programming? Try
<news:comp.unix.programmer>.
Or perhaps windows programming <news:comp.os.ms-
windows.programmer.win32> or some similar newsgroup.
You also seem to believe ISO C (or this newsgroup) is not about
realistic C, however I disagree and I will raise some valid points to
justify my argument.
Most -- if not all algorithms and data structures should be
implemented in standard C.
Isolating the implementation like that and watching for any and every
undefined behavior ensures our implementation will not have bugs.
We are not doing this to have our program run on a deathstar9000; we
do this to be *sure* our program will not do something it was not
intended for.
However, as you might notice, algorithms alone cannot do much; We
would have to use some system specific facilities to have our program
actually "do" something.
By doing so, our guarantee for portability is lost, we however could
aim the most popular systems such as mac,win,unix.
Your program is considered very 'portable' if it's a music player for
these systems. (example)
Since we have our algorithms implemented and guaranteed not to break
(unless the system specific standard breaks ISO C -- which sometimes
happends) we can concentrate on the system specific part of our
program.
With proper abstraction, adding more systems to our list of working
systems should be eas(y/ier).
That's why clc exists and is so 'pedant' or 'academic'; that's why
comp.unix.programmer exists, ditto for algorithm/other systems
newsgroups, and that's why OT posters are directed to the appropriate
group. (okay -- and sometimes flamed a bit
> I see you've already started getting "Welcome to clc - now go away and
> rot" messages from the "regulars". That's completely par for the course
> - nothing to do with you.

Sometimes a rude post or two might be posted on usenet;
Words are just words and it's up to us to interpret them as we want.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
video conferencing using Cisco 1811 and Polycom video conference james.winskill@gmail.com Cisco 0 10-03-2007 03:36 AM
Setting up QOS in for video conferencing. rsjimmy Cisco 3 03-07-2006 01:40 PM
IP-IP Gateway for Video Conferencing Matthew Melbourne Cisco 0 10-15-2005 04:25 PM
Anyone done Video Conferencing with JMF? John Java 8 01-03-2004 02:57 PM
Web-Camera/Video Conferencing PWB Computer Support 2 09-19-2003 07:05 AM



Advertisments