Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Sony's Blu-ray breakthrough

Sony's Blu-ray breakthrough

ChairmanOfTheBored

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 08:48:13 -0700, Winfield <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Corbomite Carrie wrote:
>
>> Idiot. A million is a million. Two million is a couple million.
>> Three million is a few million. More than three million is several
>> million. ALL whole million amounts over 1 million qualifies as
>> "millions".

>Check this out, numb nuts. Sony has sold hundreds of thousands of
>PS3's, or Sony has sold several million PS3s.
>
>Sony has not sold "millions" of PS3's.
>
>That's what works for me for an honest appraisal of Sony's success.
>
> winf

Several million IS "millions", you retarded ****.

If you sold 2 million of anything, you'd be calling it "millions" as
well, asswipe. Problem is that you are too butt ugly and stupid to sell
a million of anything, much less two million.

Richard C.

"Winfield" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Richard C. wrote:
>> "Billy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Nomen Nescio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> 3 million so far is not millions

>> =============================
>> On planet Earth it is.

> On his private beach, Richard C. has *millions* of sand particles.
>
> Actually, he has only 3 million. The real estate broker is being sued
> (along with Richard) for misrepresenting this beachfront. Serves 'em
> right! =)
>
> 3 million is NOT "millions" in one sense of the vernacular.
>
> - W

==========================
Actually millions (whether 2 or 500) is indeed millions anywhere the English
language is spoken.

Richard C.

"Winfield" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Corbomite Carrie wrote:
>
>> Idiot. A million is a million. Two million is a couple million.
>> Three million is a few million. More than three million is several
>> million. ALL whole million amounts over 1 million qualifies as
>> "millions".

> Check this out, numb nuts. Sony has sold hundreds of thousands of PS3's,
> or Sony has sold several million PS3s.
>
> Sony has not sold "millions" of PS3's.
>
> That's what works for me for an honest appraisal of Sony's success.
>
> winf

===========================
But you are so very wrong.
Millions is what they have sold....as long as they have sold over 2 million.
A couple million is millions. (the "s" denotes plural in English)

Tarkus

Winfield wrote:
> Corbomite Carrie wrote:
>
>> Idiot. A million is a million. Two million is a couple million.
>> Three million is a few million. More than three million is several
>> million. ALL whole million amounts over 1 million qualifies as
>> "millions".

> Check this out, numb nuts. Sony has sold hundreds of thousands of
> PS3's, or Sony has sold several million PS3s.
>
> Sony has not sold "millions" of PS3's.

Congratulations for being the poster child for the failure of the
American educational system (assuming you're an American). It's
probably the greatest success you'll have in your lifetime.

Steve Irving

Tarkus wrote:
> Winfield wrote:
>> Corbomite Carrie wrote:
>>
>>> Idiot. A million is a million. Two million is a couple million.
>>> Three million is a few million. More than three million is several
>>> million. ALL whole million amounts over 1 million qualifies as
>>> "millions".

>> Check this out, numb nuts. Sony has sold hundreds of thousands of
>> PS3's, or Sony has sold several million PS3s.
>>
>> Sony has not sold "millions" of PS3's.

> Congratulations for being the poster child for the failure of the
> American educational system (assuming you're an American). It's
> probably the greatest success you'll have in your lifetime.

Hmmm...I just read an article this morning (yes, Americans can read)....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22790863/

Indicates that Sony sold just under 800,000 PS3's in December alone, not so
tough to ASSUME that they've sold a couple (or a few) million in the last year.

Tarkus

Steve Irving wrote:
> Tarkus wrote:
>> Winfield wrote:

>>> Check this out, numb nuts. Sony has sold hundreds of thousands of
>>> PS3's, or Sony has sold several million PS3s.
>>>
>>> Sony has not sold "millions" of PS3's.

>> Congratulations for being the poster child for the failure of the
>> American educational system (assuming you're an American). It's
>> probably the greatest success you'll have in your lifetime.

> Hmmm...I just read an article this morning (yes, Americans can read)....
>
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22790863/
>
> Indicates that Sony sold just under 800,000 PS3's in December alone, not
> so tough to ASSUME that they've sold a couple (or a few) million in the
> last year.

I'm an American too. I can see where my comments might have been
misconstrued as anti-American, but that was not my intent. I was just
trying to point out what an idiot Winfield is, and how he feeds into the
notion that the American educational system is lacking.

Winfield

Tarkus wrote:
> Winfield wrote:
>> Corbomite Carrie wrote:
>>
>>> Idiot. A million is a million. Two million is a couple million.
>>> Three million is a few million. More than three million is several
>>> million. ALL whole million amounts over 1 million qualifies as
>>> "millions".

>> Check this out, numb nuts. Sony has sold hundreds of thousands of
>> PS3's, or Sony has sold several million PS3s.
>>
>> Sony has not sold "millions" of PS3's.

> Congratulations for being the poster child for the failure of the
> American educational system (assuming you're an American). It's
> probably the greatest success you'll have in your lifetime.

So open a dictionary and look up "million". There is more than one
definition for the word.

My success in life doesn't depend on your take of a magazine article's
number.

Keep dragging your knuckles on the ground like that, and you might end
up with 3 millions scratches.

Winfield

Steve Irving

Tarkus wrote:

>> Hmmm...I just read an article this morning (yes, Americans can read)....
>>
>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22790863/
>>
>> Indicates that Sony sold just under 800,000 PS3's in December alone,
>> not so tough to ASSUME that they've sold a couple (or a few) million
>> in the last year.

> I'm an American too. I can see where my comments might have been
> misconstrued as anti-American, but that was not my intent. I was just
> trying to point out what an idiot Winfield is, and how he feeds into the
> notion that the American educational system is lacking.

I didn't construe your comments as anti-American, I construed them as having
been made by someone who was not an American.

Not being an American (US Citizen) doesn't necessarily mean anti....<grin>

--
Steve Irving - BS#237/SLOB#12
http://www.nite.com/bike.html

"A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight and
understanding." Marshall McLuhan

Tarkus

Winfield wrote:
> Tarkus wrote:
>> Winfield wrote:

>>> Check this out, numb nuts. Sony has sold hundreds of thousands of
>>> PS3's, or Sony has sold several million PS3s.
>>>
>>> Sony has not sold "millions" of PS3's.

>> Congratulations for being the poster child for the failure of the
>> American educational system (assuming you're an American). It's
>> probably the greatest success you'll have in your lifetime.

> So open a dictionary and look up "million". There is more than one
> definition for the word.

Feel free to find me a definition where 3 is not plural. Then I won't
think of you as an idiot, as I now do.

Similarly, I may win the lottery one day, even though I don't play it.

Corbomite Carrie

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 15:46:54 -0700, Winfield <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Tarkus wrote:
>> Winfield wrote:

>>> Check this out, numb nuts. Sony has sold hundreds of thousands of
>>> PS3's, or Sony has sold several million PS3s.
>>>
>>> Sony has not sold "millions" of PS3's.

>> Congratulations for being the poster child for the failure of the
>> American educational system (assuming you're an American). It's
>> probably the greatest success you'll have in your lifetime.

>So open a dictionary and look up "million". There is more than one
>definition for the word.

Yes, idiot, and regardless of which one is chosen, when one speaks of
there being more than one of them, it qualifies for the moniker of
"millions". It's called "the plural form".

>My success in life doesn't depend on your take of a magazine article's
>number.

But your image as an intelligent suffers quickly if you refuse to
acknowledge the FACT that more than one million, as in "two millions"
qualifies for the plural form of the word, as in "millions".

>Keep dragging your knuckles on the ground like that, and you might end
>up with 3 millions scratches.

No, idiot. It is 3 millions scratches.

It indicates that you were scratched "millions of times" however.

Maybe one day, it will sink in, and you will finally get it.