Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Virtual PBX provider? Reliable? Cheap too...

Virtual PBX provider? Reliable? Cheap too...

Jose

Hi All,

I guess the title says it all...

I already know voipfone, and I find them reliable... but not cheap
enough.

Any suggestions for a service with virtual PBX, auto-atendant/IVR? In,
or outside the UK, please?

TIA,
Jose

Peter Gradwell

Jose wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I guess the title says it all...

do you want it to be good as well ?

<email/web_hosting/business_voip> <t:01225 800 810>

arceelover

Have you tried gotvmail? They've got good plans for small to medium-size
users and you can choose between having a local-style number or an 800,
professional number as your gateway line, in case you don't want to look
too cheesy and "call-now! but wait, there's more".

View this thread: http://www.wirelessforums.org/showthread.php?t=36459
http://www.wirelessforums.org

Jose

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:30:11 -0500, arceelover
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Have you tried gotvmail? They've got good plans for small to medium-size

Thanks for the tip - I'll investigate.

Regards,
Jose

Brian A

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 21:59:13 +0100, Peter Gradwell
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Jose wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I guess the title says it all...
>>

>do you want it to be good as well ?

I think that Peter has made a valid point. We all want the best for
nothing. In reality there is usually a compromise solution.
Further in this thread there is gotvmail - looks OK but it looks as
though you have to use their service to route your calls and at
7.4c/minute that isn't so cheap.
I did use easypabx.com when it was free. It was fairly reliable but I
don't know how it is now and whether I would want to risk a business
on it. It might be worth a trial. The documentation was quite good
and, as the name implies, it was easy to set up once you had got the
hang of it. The advantages were that you could use any providers of
your choice, forward calls, use queues, conferences and custom IVRs
etc. etc. Another service, that some people on here have used is
pbxes.com. I can't comment because I have never been able to find any
documentation on the set up so I have not pursued it.

You might also find the services of Voxalot and mysipswitch of
interest. They are not exactly PBX type services but they offer
interesting features.
---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---

Jose

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:04:28 GMT, Brian A
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I did use easypabx.com when it was free. It was fairly reliable but I
>don't know how it is now and whether I would want to risk a business
>on it. It might be worth a trial. The documentation was quite good
>and, as the name implies, it was easy to set up once you had got the
>hang of it. The advantages were that you could use any providers of
>your choice, forward calls, use queues, conferences and custom IVRs
>etc. etc.

Seem sinteresting, I'll try it.

> Another service, that some people on here have used is
>pbxes.com. I can't comment because I have never been able to find any
>documentation on the set up so I have not pursued it.

Written off then - I'm no good at telepathy.

>You might also find the services of Voxalot and mysipswitch of
>interest. They are not exactly PBX type services but they offer
>interesting features.

I'm already "learning" Voxalot; will take a look a mysipswitch, too.

Thanks a lot for the info!

Jose