Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Cisco 857W and Netgear WG311v2 adapter

Cisco 857W and Netgear WG311v2 adapter

os4mike os4mike is offline
Junior Member

Hi,
I have a problem whereby my Netgear Wireless PCI adapter drops out after about a day or so of operation after inital configuration of my Cisco 857w wireless router. (config appears ok with PPPoE)

After a reboot of the PC and the Router, my Netgear application will see my network in the available list of networks, but will never connect again until I wipe the router, reload my script and restart the PC. I am running version 2.0.0.7 of the PCI card's firmware (latest) but still cannot solve this problem.

I have a Centrino Laptop with 802.11b capability that always connects with no problems. The Netgear adapter has both the .11b .11g capabilities check-boxes ticked and will connect, however the connection will just not stay. Even after the PC drops out doing a- 'shut', 'no shut' on the routers dotradio 0,and atm 0 interfaces does not solve the problem. If I erase the config and dump it on again fresh, it works fine....for a while.
Lastly I also notice that the netgear wireless tool that configures wireless (not windows) on my computer seems to show different channels as I turn on/ turn off my laptop from Channel 4(B) to 4(G). I am connected via WPA-PSK.

Please help.
Mike