Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Interesting development (Sp1-RC1)

Interesting development (Sp1-RC1)

Kue2

I decided to remove the rc1 trial sp1.After removal windows update had 14
updates for me.I had to hide sp1-rc1 as it found that again too.I installed
the 14 updates & upon reboot everything seemed fine. I decided to see if
sleep-mode would work now.I am happy to report my sleep mode works again.I
don't know whether one of the updates fixed it or removal of the service pak
fixed it.
It will be interesting to see if when the Sp1 is released,whether it will or
will not break my sleep mode.....
Anyone else experience the same?

Carlos

Welcome back, Hugh!
I'm not having sleep problems, 1 mg of Alplax does the magic.
Speaking seriously, my best guess is that this update:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943899/en-us
certainly did it.
Carlos

"Kue2" wrote:

> I decided to remove the rc1 trial sp1.After removal windows update had 14
> updates for me.I had to hide sp1-rc1 as it found that again too.I installed
> the 14 updates & upon reboot everything seemed fine. I decided to see if
> sleep-mode would work now.I am happy to report my sleep mode works again.I
> don't know whether one of the updates fixed it or removal of the service pak
> fixed it.
> It will be interesting to see if when the Sp1 is released,whether it will or
> will not break my sleep mode.....
> Anyone else experience the same?

Kue2

Thanks Carlos!!
I'm getting ready for release of SP1 for Vista 64.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Welcome back, Hugh!
> I'm not having sleep problems, 1 mg of Alplax does the magic.
> Speaking seriously, my best guess is that this update:
> certainly did it.
> Carlos
>
> "Kue2" wrote:
>
>> I decided to remove the rc1 trial sp1.After removal windows update had 14
>> updates for me.I had to hide sp1-rc1 as it found that again too.I
>> installed
>> the 14 updates & upon reboot everything seemed fine. I decided to see if
>> sleep-mode would work now.I am happy to report my sleep mode works
>> again.I
>> don't know whether one of the updates fixed it or removal of the service
>> pak
>> fixed it.
>> It will be interesting to see if when the Sp1 is released,whether it will
>> or
>> will not break my sleep mode.....
>> Anyone else experience the same?

Carlos

Me too, but I am gonna be on vacation when it is released.
(guess it's on Feb, uh?)
Carlos