Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Getting some code to run before any HTTP requests

Getting some code to run before any HTTP requests

Mark Friedman

Does anyone know if there is a way to get some code in an ASP.NET
application to run even before any HTTP requests come in for that
application? I have some timer based code that I would like to run on
application start/load. I initially stuck it in my Application_Start event
but that doesn't get fired until some HTTP request comes in to the server.
Essentially, I want my code to start running when IIS (or perhaps more
accurately, apsnet_sp.exe) is started or restarted.

Thanks in advance.

-Mark

Kevin Spencer

Can't be done. The web application doesn't start until the first request
comes in.

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP