Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Another nail hangs over HD-DVD's coffin

Another nail hangs over HD-DVD's coffin

MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 03:54:14 GMT, "Bartman" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Winfield" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Paramount poised to jump ship"
>>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...-declared-dead
>>
>> also just in -
>> draft-dodgers give Dereck J a HUGE definition wedgie!
>>
>> - Winfield

>That coffin must have about 1000 nails in it at least and left for dead 400
>times. They just can't keep it shut and HD DVD still lives.

It's not a Nexus 6, ya know...

Derek Janssen

Bartman wrote:
> "Winfield" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>"Paramount poised to jump ship"
>>
>>http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...-declared-dead
>>
>>also just in -
>> draft-dodgers give Dereck J a HUGE definition wedgie!
>>
>>- Winfield

> That coffin must have about 1000 nails in it at least and left for dead 400
> times. They just can't keep it shut and HD DVD still lives.

But at least HD can still claim "more rentals on Netflix"--
Oh, wait: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=947

Derek Janssen (well, they were worried about sales...)

GMAN

In article <uNYrj.1462$YL3.1086@trndny05>, Derek Janssen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Bartman wrote:
>> "Winfield" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>"Paramount poised to jump ship"
>>>
>>>http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...-declared-dead
>>>
>>>also just in -
>>> draft-dodgers give Dereck J a HUGE definition wedgie!
>>>
>>>- Winfield

>> That coffin must have about 1000 nails in it at least and left for dead 400
>> times. They just can't keep it shut and HD DVD still lives.

>But at least HD can still claim "more rentals on Netflix"--
>Oh, wait: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=947
>
>Derek Janssen (well, they were worried about sales...)
>(E-Mail Removed)

If it ain't the final nail in the coffin for HDDVD, its a huge kick in the
nuts whilst lying on the ground sucking its thumb in the fetal position!!!

Phisherman

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 16:11:41 GMT, (E-Mail Removed)
(GMAN) wrote:

>In article <uNYrj.1462$YL3.1086@trndny05>, Derek Janssen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Bartman wrote:
>>> "Winfield" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> That coffin must have about 1000 nails in it at least and left for dead 400
>>> times. They just can't keep it shut and HD DVD still lives.

>>But at least HD can still claim "more rentals on Netflix"--
>>Oh, wait: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=947
>>
>>Derek Janssen (well, they were worried about sales...)
>>(E-Mail Removed)

>If it ain't the final nail in the coffin for HDDVD, its a huge kick in the
>nuts whilst lying on the ground sucking its thumb in the fetal position!!!

Blu-ray is off to a slow start. There are about 400 Blu-ray titles in
North America and about the same number of HD DVD. But there are over
90,000 titles with the regular DVD. Blu-ray players are obsolete,
except for the PlayStation 3 which are firmware upgradable.
Personally, I'm not ready to spend the extra $ for each Blu-ray disc--
maybe in 2009 things will pick up the pace (or we may even see Blu-ray
die off).