Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > THE TOTALLY DIGITAL D60 GETS THE SPIRIT!

THE TOTALLY DIGITAL D60 GETS THE SPIRIT!

Annika1980

A guy here in town wants me to take my infrared-converted D60 and go
down to Chickamauga Battlefield and take pics of ghosts. This is how
he describes it:

========================
The method is this.
Two people, one to operate camera the other to verify there is no
people in the shot.
Set up camera on tripod and take 3 photos in rapid succession. You do
this all over the area. Once back home compare each of the 3 shots. if
there is any change in the 3 you have "something" on that photo.
========================

Sounds like a big waste of time to me. Has anyone else had success in
capturing apparitions or other stuff using infrared? My house is
fairly old so maybe I'll shoot some around here first. There's gotta
be some dead people around here somewhere. I just hope I don't get
slimed.

Who ya gonna call? D60!

helensilverburg@hotmail.com

On Jan 8, 12:38*am, Annika1980 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> A guy here in town wants me to take my infrared-converted D60 and go
> down to Chickamauga Battlefield and take pics of ghosts. *This is how
> he describes it:
>
> ========================
> The method is this.
> Two people, one to operate camera the other to verify there is no
> people in the shot.
> Set up camera on tripod and take 3 photos in rapid succession. You do
> this all over the area. Once back home compare each of the 3 shots. if
> there is any change in the 3 you have "something" on that photo.
> ========================
>
> Sounds like a big waste of time to me. *Has anyone else had success in
> capturing apparitions or other stuff using infrared? *My house is
> fairly old so maybe I'll shoot some around here first. *There's gotta
> be some dead people around here somewhere. *I just hope I don't get
> slimed.
>
> Who ya gonna call? *D60!

You're right, it is a big waste of time. The only "ghost/apparition"
pics I got was using a slow shutter speed with a moving subject. The
other way was when I did a double exposure with a medium format film
camera http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/78055759
I don't believe in ghosts/apparitions. The only time I see dead
people, such as my mom, dad or sister, is when I sleep and they're in
my dreams.
Helen

JON POPE

Cool pic Helen

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

On Jan 8, 2:26*am, "JON POPE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Cool pic Helen
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...> On Jan 8, 12:38 am, Annika1980 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> A guy here in town wants me to take my infrared-converted D60 and go
> >> down to Chickamauga Battlefield and take pics of ghosts. This is how
> >> he describes it:

> >> ========================
> >> The method is this.
> >> Two people, one to operate camera the other to verify there is no
> >> people in the shot.
> >> Set up camera on tripod and take 3 photos in rapid succession. You do
> >> this all over the area. Once back home compare each of the 3 shots. if
> >> there is any change in the 3 you have "something" on that photo.
> >> ========================

> >> Sounds like a big waste of time to me. Has anyone else had success in
> >> capturing apparitions or other stuff using infrared? My house is
> >> fairly old so maybe I'll shoot some around here first. There's gotta
> >> be some dead people around here somewhere. I just hope I don't get
> >> slimed.

> >> Who ya gonna call? D60!

> > You're right, it is a big waste of time. *The only "ghost/apparition"
> > pics I got was using a slow shutter speed with a moving subject. *The
> > other way was when I did a double exposure with a medium format film
> > camera *http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/78055759
> > I don't believe in ghosts/apparitions. *The only time I see dead
> > people, such as my mom, dad or sister, is when I sleep and they're in
> > my dreams.
> > Helen

Thanks Jon!

JimKramer

On Jan 8, 12:38*am, Annika1980 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> A guy here in town wants me to take my infrared-converted D60 and go
> down to Chickamauga Battlefield and take pics of ghosts. *This is how
> he describes it:
>
> ========================
> The method is this.
> Two people, one to operate camera the other to verify there is no
> people in the shot.
> Set up camera on tripod and take 3 photos in rapid succession. You do
> this all over the area. Once back home compare each of the 3 shots. if
> there is any change in the 3 you have "something" on that photo.
> ========================
>
> Sounds like a big waste of time to me. *Has anyone else had success in
> capturing apparitions or other stuff using infrared? *My house is
> fairly old so maybe I'll shoot some around here first. *There's gotta
> be some dead people around here somewhere. *I just hope I don't get
> slimed.
>
> Who ya gonna call? *D60!

Closest thing to a ghost I've seen:

http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/ghost.htm

Just make sure you charge the guy a resonable fee for using your
"expensive ghost hunting equipment." Then send it to Helen.

Draco

On Jan 8, 2:04*am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Jan 8, 12:38*am, Annika1980 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > A guy here in town wants me to take my infrared-converted D60 and go
> > down to Chickamauga Battlefield and take pics of ghosts. *This is how
> > he describes it:

> > ========================
> > The method is this.
> > Two people, one to operate camera the other to verify there is no
> > people in the shot.
> > Set up camera on tripod and take 3 photos in rapid succession. You do
> > this all over the area. Once back home compare each of the 3 shots. if
> > there is any change in the 3 you have "something" on that photo.
> > ========================

> > Sounds like a big waste of time to me. *Has anyone else had success in
> > capturing apparitions or other stuff using infrared? *My house is
> > fairly old so maybe I'll shoot some around here first. *There's gotta
> > be some dead people around here somewhere. *I just hope I don't get
> > slimed.

> > Who ya gonna call? *D60!

> You're right, it is a big waste of time. *The only "ghost/apparition"
> pics I got was using a slow shutter speed with a moving subject. *The
> other way was when I did a double exposure with a medium format film
> camera *http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/78055759
> I don't believe in ghosts/apparitions. *The only time I see dead
> people, such as my mom, dad or sister, is when I sleep and they're in
> my dreams.
> Helen- Hide quoted text -

Now here is where you and I do not agree. I have seen ghosts. I have
captured a ghost on Rich mountain in West Virginia on medium format
film. I have seen ghosts along the Appalachian Trail;along the water
front of Alexandria, Va. In the halls of a prison in Moundsville, WV
and several other places. I still see my family in my dreams too.
Luckly only once in a while and for no real reason. Just like family
who drop in on you when you're not expecting them and you are relaxing
in your "comfy" cloths.
Your image, Ms Helen, reminds me of the fleeting of life and how we
should enjoy and embrace each and every moment.
Bret, as far as I know that technique may or may not capture
anything at all. But if you are out and something raises the hair on
the back of your neck. Start shooting. Who knows? You may get lucky
and get a picture of something no one can explain away.

Draco

On Jan 8, 6:45*am, JimKramer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jan 8, 12:38*am, Annika1980 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > A guy here in town wants me to take my infrared-converted D60 and go
> > down to Chickamauga Battlefield and take pics of ghosts. *This is how
> > he describes it:

> > ========================
> > The method is this.
> > Two people, one to operate camera the other to verify there is no
> > people in the shot.
> > Set up camera on tripod and take 3 photos in rapid succession. You do
> > this all over the area. Once back home compare each of the 3 shots. if
> > there is any change in the 3 you have "something" on that photo.
> > ========================

> > Sounds like a big waste of time to me. *Has anyone else had success in
> > capturing apparitions or other stuff using infrared? *My house is
> > fairly old so maybe I'll shoot some around here first. *There's gotta
> > be some dead people around here somewhere. *I just hope I don't get
> > slimed.

> > Who ya gonna call? *D60!

> Closest thing to a ghost I've seen:
>
> http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/ghost.htm
>
> Just make sure you charge the guy a resonable fee for using your
> "expensive ghost hunting equipment." *Then send it to Helen.

Thanks Jim, but absolutely not!
If and when Bret profits on his pics, it's done on his own merit and
skill. I had nothing to do with it.
Helen

JimKramer

On Jan 8, 10:39*am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Jan 8, 6:45*am, JimKramer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 8, 12:38*am, Annika1980 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > A guy here in town wants me to take my infrared-converted D60 and go
> > > down to Chickamauga Battlefield and take pics of ghosts. *This is how
> > > he describes it:

> > > ========================
> > > The method is this.
> > > Two people, one to operate camera the other to verify there is no
> > > people in the shot.
> > > Set up camera on tripod and take 3 photos in rapid succession. You do
> > > this all over the area. Once back home compare each of the 3 shots. if
> > > there is any change in the 3 you have "something" on that photo.
> > > ========================

> > > Sounds like a big waste of time to me. *Has anyone else had success in
> > > capturing apparitions or other stuff using infrared? *My house is
> > > fairly old so maybe I'll shoot some around here first. *There's gotta
> > > be some dead people around here somewhere. *I just hope I don't get
> > > slimed.

> > > Who ya gonna call? *D60!

> > Closest thing to a ghost I've seen:

> >http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/ghost.htm

> > Just make sure you charge the guy a resonable fee for using your
> > "expensive ghost hunting equipment." *Then send it to Helen.

> Thanks Jim, but absolutely not!
> If and when Bret profits on his pics, it's done on his own merit and
> skill. *I had nothing to do with it.
> Helen- Hide quoted text -

If Bret makes any money from Ghost hunting, It won't be from his
skills with a camera. It will be selling access to the specialty
equipment he has. And that I believe is your responsibility.

On Jan 8, 10:43*am, JimKramer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jan 8, 10:39*am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> > > Closest thing to a ghost I've seen:

> > >http://www.jlkramer.net/Pictures/ghost.htm

> > > Just make sure you charge the guy a resonable fee for using your
> > > "expensive ghost hunting equipment." *Then send it to Helen.

> > Thanks Jim, but absolutely not!
> > If and when Bret profits on his pics, it's done on his own merit and
> > skill. *I had nothing to do with it.
> > Helen- Hide quoted text -

> If Bret makes any money from Ghost hunting, It won't be from his
> skills with a camera. *It will be selling access to the specialty
> equipment he has. And that I believe is your responsibility.

Bret has showed his appreciation many times, and he is sincerely
grateful. That's enough for me. I'm just happy I could help. I truly
wish him the best of luck.
Helen

tony cooper

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 21:38:06 -0800 (PST), Annika1980
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Sounds like a big waste of time to me. Has anyone else had success in
>capturing apparitions or other stuff using infrared? My house is
>fairly old so maybe I'll shoot some around here first. There's gotta
>be some dead people around here somewhere. I just hope I don't get
>slimed.

Come to my house and try to photograph our resident poltergeist.
Catch him or her moving my keys from where I last left them. Find him
or her doing something naughty so I can blackmail him or her into
telling me where the mantle clock key is.

--

Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida