Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird pauses

Thunderbird pauses

Greg T

I find that Thunderbird, when using IMAP, stalls for periods of 10 to 30 seconds, during
which time the entire application is utterly unresponsive and uses 100% processor time.

This happens every 2 minutes or so, and is very frustrating when trying to compose or read
messages.

I have turned off "Check for updates" and "Compact folders when it will save NNN KB of
disk space".

Any ideas?

thanks,
Greg

Miller

*Greg T* wrote:
> I find that Thunderbird, when using IMAP, stalls for periods of 10 to 30 seconds, during
> which time the entire application is utterly unresponsive and uses 100% processor time.
>
> This happens every 2 minutes or so, and is very frustrating when trying to compose or read
> messages.
>
> I have turned off "Check for updates" and "Compact folders when it will save NNN KB of
> disk space".
>
> Any ideas?

Connecting to server, fetching new mail..?

HTH, Miller

Dan C

Miller wrote:
> *Greg T* wrote:
>> I find that Thunderbird, when using IMAP, stalls for periods of 10 to 30 seconds, during
>> which time the entire application is utterly unresponsive and uses 100% processor time.
>>
>> This happens every 2 minutes or so, and is very frustrating when trying to compose or read
>> messages.
>>
>> I have turned off "Check for updates" and "Compact folders when it will save NNN KB of
>> disk space".
>>
>> Any ideas?

> Connecting to server, fetching new mail..?
>
> HTH, Miller

Odd. I do not see any trace of the original by Greg T.

I know what he is talking about. This happens on a daily
basis to me. It occurred with all the different versions.

The cursor locks up within the program while moving from
email to email, writing as I am now. It did so under Win
98 and now under xp pro.

The last time I asked about this annoyance, it was
suggested that it is an OS problem. I don't know, maybe,
it is outside the boundries of my capabilities.

I think it is a common problem, and I wish someone at
Mozilla would address it.

kaplan3jiim@example.com

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 20:16:54 -0800, Dan C <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Miller wrote:
>> *Greg T* wrote:
>>> I find that Thunderbird, when using IMAP, stalls for periods of 10 to 30 seconds, during
>>> which time the entire application is utterly unresponsive and uses 100% processor time.
>>>
>>> This happens every 2 minutes or so, and is very frustrating when trying to compose or read
>>> messages.
>>>
>>> I have turned off "Check for updates" and "Compact folders when it will save NNN KB of
>>> disk space".
>>>
>>> Any ideas?

>> Connecting to server, fetching new mail..?
>>
>> HTH, Miller

>Odd. I do not see any trace of the original by Greg T.
>
>I know what he is talking about. This happens on a daily
>basis to me. It occurred with all the different versions.
>
>The cursor locks up within the program while moving from
>email to email, writing as I am now. It did so under Win
>98 and now under xp pro.
>
>The last time I asked about this annoyance, it was
>suggested that it is an OS problem. I don't know, maybe,
>it is outside the boundries of my capabilities.
>
>I think it is a common problem, and I wish someone at
>Mozilla would address it.

I have never experienced this.

PC pauses every 1 second. Plz help Dima Computer Support 2 09-17-2004 02:25 PM
Computer pauses Faisal Computer Support 3 09-05-2003 02:14 PM
BAT file pauses jowl Computer Support 33 07-15-2003 04:57 PM
Re: little pauses when playing svcd and dvd The Old Sourdough Computer Support 0 07-09-2003 10:26 AM
Re: little pauses when playing svcd and dvd yumasan Computer Support 0 07-09-2003 05:35 AM

Advertisments