Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Can't access network computer

Can't access network computer

Scientific

Hello all,

I have two computers connected to a wireless network but they don't see each
other anymore. Up till yesterday the two systems were able to share files,
printers etc., now they don't see each other. I checked the following:

1. Both are in the same workgroup.
2. Simple file sharing turned off in Windows Explorer on both.
3. Windows Firewall file/printer sharing checked on both machines.
4. Sharing enabled for drives and folders on both machines.

Anyone care to suggest other places to look please feel free.

-S

Jim

"Scientific" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all,
>
> I have two computers connected to a wireless network but they don't see
> each
> other anymore. Up till yesterday the two systems were able to share
> files,
> printers etc., now they don't see each other. I checked the following:
>
> 1. Both are in the same workgroup.
> 2. Simple file sharing turned off in Windows Explorer on both.
> 3. Windows Firewall file/printer sharing checked on both machines.
> 4. Sharing enabled for drives and folders on both machines.
>
> Anyone care to suggest other places to look please feel free.
>
> -S

Make certain that there is only one firewall program running on each
computer.
Jim

Scientific

Hello again,

I solved my problem reading other posts in this forum. I ran the Network
Setup Wizard on the local machine and now both computers can see each other
again.

-S