Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > I want to incorporate a blog into a regular HTML page - how can I dothis?

I want to incorporate a blog into a regular HTML page - how can I dothis?

Victory

I talked to my hosting company which has Wordpress and they told me
that it is a standalone system, whereas I can't 'cut and paste' the
code and put it into an already designed webpage. The reasons I want
to go through route are many and decided upon previously. So if
wordpress won't accomplish this, is there another program that will?

Here is an example :
banner, 3 column webpage and in the 3rd right column, I want to stick
the blog into it.
How can I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,

David Dorward

On Jan 8, 12:41*am, Victory <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I talked to my hosting company which has Wordpress and they told me
> that it is a standalone system, whereas I can't 'cut and paste' the
> code and put it into an already designed webpage. *The reasons I want
> to go through route are many and decided upon previously. *So if
> wordpress won't accomplish this, is there another program that will?

WordPress can accomplish that, there are two approaches.

(1) Turn the problem upside down. Put the rest of the content into the
WordPress template.

(2) Parse the ATOM feed generated by WordPress and insert it into your
page. The specifics would depend on how you were building the page
already.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/

Victory

Ok, thanks for that quick reply.
I am not sure what 'parse' means, so please help me out.
I am just creating a run-of-the-mill html web page. I paid someone to
build it, so that is why I am not willing to change it at this point
because of the cost involved. I just want to insert it into a column
or table within the webpage. Is that enough information? What more
do you need to show me the way?

Thanks again.

On Jan 7, 7:49 pm, David Dorward <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jan 8, 12:41 am, Victory <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I talked to my hosting company which has Wordpress and they told me
> > that it is a standalone system, whereas I can't 'cut and paste' the
> > code and put it into an already designed webpage. The reasons I want
> > to go through route are many and decided upon previously. So if
> > wordpress won't accomplish this, is there another program that will?

> WordPress can accomplish that, there are two approaches.
>
> (1) Turn the problem upside down. Put the rest of the content into the
> WordPress template.
>
> (2) Parse the ATOM feed generated by WordPress and insert it into your
> page. The specifics would depend on how you were building the page
> already.
>
> --
> David Dorwardhttp://dorward.me.uk/http://blog.dorward.me.uk/

Victory

To add to this :

The host has a bunch of different templates for the blog (wordpress),
I don't know if that makes a difference or not when I "parse" it.

On Jan 7, 7:59 pm, Victory <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Ok, thanks for that quick reply.
> I am not sure what 'parse' means, so please help me out.
> I am just creating a run-of-the-mill html web page. I paid someone to
> build it, so that is why I am not willing to change it at this point
> because of the cost involved. I just want to insert it into a column
> or table within the webpage. Is that enough information? What more
> do you need to show me the way?
>
> Thanks again.
>
> On Jan 7, 7:49 pm, David Dorward <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 8, 12:41 am, Victory <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > I talked to my hosting company which has Wordpress and they told me
> > > that it is a standalone system, whereas I can't 'cut and paste' the
> > > code and put it into an already designed webpage. The reasons I want
> > > to go through route are many and decided upon previously. So if
> > > wordpress won't accomplish this, is there another program that will?

> > WordPress can accomplish that, there are two approaches.

> > (1) Turn the problem upside down. Put the rest of the content into the
> > WordPress template.

> > (2) Parse the ATOM feed generated by WordPress and insert it into your
> > page. The specifics would depend on how you were building the page
> > already.

> > --
> > David Dorwardhttp://dorward.me.uk/http://blog.dorward.me.uk/

Sean

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 16:41:25 -0800, Victory wrote:

> I talked to my hosting company which has Wordpress and they told me that
> it is a standalone system, whereas I can't 'cut and paste' the code and
> put it into an already designed webpage. The reasons I want to go
> through route are many and decided upon previously. So if wordpress
> won't accomplish this, is there another program that will?

At the risk of sounding like a running advertisement for FeedBurner, they
have another tool called BuzzBoost specifically for the purpose of
republishing your posts as html. There's no need to dump Wordpress.
It's all free, and I'm glad I found it. I also get statistics on
subscribers, visitors, and the search words and phrases that visitors use
to find my articles.