Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Safest Browser?

Safest Browser?

John Kerkes

Just wondering what is the safest browser ?

Leonidas Jones

John Kerkes wrote:
> Just wondering what is the safest browser ?

Cross post snipped. If a cross post is really necessary, please mention
it in the body of the post, and set a followup to the group where you
wish the discussion to take place.

Well safest is to disconnect your computer from the internet and not use
any browser.

Perhaps you can give a little more detail as to your concerns, so we can
give a more responsive answer.

Lee

--
Leonidas Jones, Netscape/Mozilla Champion
The Champs: http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org

Miller

*Leonidas Jones* wrote:
> John Kerkes wrote:
>> Just wondering what is the safest browser ?
>>

> Cross post snipped. If a cross post is really necessary, please mention
> it in the body of the post, and set a followup to the group where you
> wish the discussion to take place.
>
> Well safest is to disconnect your computer from the internet and not use
> any browser.
>
> Perhaps you can give a little more detail as to your concerns, so we can
> give a more responsive answer.

Lynx. Nothing else.

Fuzzy Logic

"John Kerkes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:2Gygj.6446$lo5.1027
@newssvr19.news.prodigy.net:

> Just wondering what is the safest browser ?

All the major browsers have had and will continue to have critical
vulnerabilities. Factor in plugins and extensions and there are even more
potential vulnerabilities. What's 'safe' today will certainly be compromised
in short order when a major flaw is discovered (critical security updates
for the major browsers seem to occur at least once every 3 months).

Find a well supported browser YOU like, learn and use it's security options,
make sure ALL your software is patched and up to date and practices safe
computing and you are as 'safe' as you are likely going to be.

Marshall Price

John Kerkes wrote:
> Just wondering what is the safest browser ?

lynx

--
Marshall Price of Miami
Known to Yahoo as d021317c