Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Home page change $#@!

Home page change $#@!

JJ

I'm on ATT satellite internet and was having connectivity issues so I called
CS. They had me download and run the ATT optimizing tool. Not only did it
not work, but it changed my homepage in IE7 and I can't change it to
anything else. I've uninstalled the "optimizer" but no matter what, using
tools/internet options apply etc... it just keeps defaulting to:

http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir...er=6.0&ar=home

Called them back and they are useless. They go through their script and
then say contact Microsoft, maybe they can help, without taking any
responsibility for what they've done.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sam Jorna

JJ wrote:

> I'm on ATT satellite internet and was having connectivity issues so I
> called
> CS. They had me download and run the ATT optimizing tool. Not only did
> it not work, but it changed my homepage in IE7 and I can't change it to
> anything else. I've uninstalled the "optimizer" but no matter what, using
> tools/internet options apply etc... it just keeps defaulting to:

http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir...er=6.0&ar=home

> Called them back and they are useless. They go through their script and
> then say contact Microsoft, maybe they can help, without taking any
> responsibility for what they've done.
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated.
> Thanks

Google, download and run a tool called 'hijack this'

Searches most places in Windows that can hijack certain settings (such as IE
homepage.

-Sam Jorna

Brian

When you go to tools/internet options make sure you are on the page you want
to use for your home page and select "use current" and then apply. If this
doesn't work then Hijack This is a good option but be careful using that
program, if you are not sure which lines to delete post your log file on a
site that specializes in hijack this log files before you delete,

there is no going back once you delete the file.!!!

You might try 'spybot' first before 'hijack this'
Brian

"Sam Jorna" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...