Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Intel Core2 Duo E68650, is it compatible with 64?

Intel Core2 Duo E68650, is it compatible with 64?

John

I just purchased a motherboard (ECS Elite Group, G33T-M2) and processor
(Intel Core2 Duo E6850, LGA 775, 3 GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 1333 MHz FSB) and
memory (OCZ 2GB x 4 = 8GB) I would like to know if they will be compatible
together with windows xp 64. Thank you.

Roger Clemens

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just purchased a motherboard (ECS Elite Group, G33T-M2) and processor
> (Intel Core2 Duo E6850, LGA 775, 3 GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 1333 MHz FSB) and
> memory (OCZ 2GB x 4 = 8GB) I would like to know if they will be compatible
> together with windows xp 64. Thank you.

If I were you, I'd put-off buying XP-64 for now. Not enough drivers or
applications. I am getting ready to ditch it myself. Some websites won't
even talk to Internet Explorer 64 bit, and Outlook Express 64 bit will noe
spell check your emails. Yuck!
Save your money.

Colin Barnhorst

Certainly. Why not? XP Pro x64 absolutely flies on such a platform. The
number of cores (I use four) makes no difference. Some of the folks who
post here are using it on dual quad core workstation boards with 8 or more
GB with no problems.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just purchased a motherboard (ECS Elite Group, G33T-M2) and processor
> (Intel Core2 Duo E6850, LGA 775, 3 GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 1333 MHz FSB) and
> memory (OCZ 2GB x 4 = 8GB) I would like to know if they will be compatible
> together with windows xp 64. Thank you.

philo

"Roger Clemens" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4782ad39$0$9569$(E-Mail Removed)...

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I just purchased a motherboard (ECS Elite Group, G33T-M2) and processor
>> (Intel Core2 Duo E6850, LGA 775, 3 GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 1333 MHz FSB) and
>> memory (OCZ 2GB x 4 = 8GB) I would like to know if they will be
>> compatible
>> together with windows xp 64. Thank you.

> If I were you, I'd put-off buying XP-64 for now. Not enough drivers or
> applications. I am getting ready to ditch it myself. Some websites won't
> even talk to Internet Explorer 64 bit, and Outlook Express 64 bit will noe
> spell check your emails. Yuck!
> Save your money.

I setup an XP-64 machine quite some time ago and it works great.

It depends, really on how it's to be used.

The machine dual boots XP_32 and XP_64 and is used exclusively for Photoshop
CS2.

Though CS2 runs quite well on the 32bit side...it does run a bit better on
the 64bit side.

The only problem I had was finding a wireless net card ...
so I ended up just using CAT-5 and no wireless.

Of course until there are true 64bit apps out there...
it probably is fine to go with the 32bit OS

Colin Barnhorst

I think he just wants to know if the rig will do it.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Roger Clemens" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4782ad39$0$9569$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I just purchased a motherboard (ECS Elite Group, G33T-M2) and processor
>>> (Intel Core2 Duo E6850, LGA 775, 3 GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 1333 MHz FSB) and
>>> memory (OCZ 2GB x 4 = 8GB) I would like to know if they will be
>>> compatible
>>> together with windows xp 64. Thank you.

>> If I were you, I'd put-off buying XP-64 for now. Not enough drivers or
>> applications. I am getting ready to ditch it myself. Some websites won't
>> even talk to Internet Explorer 64 bit, and Outlook Express 64 bit will
>> noe spell check your emails. Yuck!
>> Save your money.
>>

> I setup an XP-64 machine quite some time ago and it works great.
>
> It depends, really on how it's to be used.
>
> The machine dual boots XP_32 and XP_64 and is used exclusively for
> Photoshop CS2.
>
> Though CS2 runs quite well on the 32bit side...it does run a bit better on
> the 64bit side.
>
> The only problem I had was finding a wireless net card ...
> so I ended up just using CAT-5 and no wireless.
>
> Of course until there are true 64bit apps out there...
> it probably is fine to go with the 32bit OS

Patrick

Vista 64 here running real sweet,, same CPU
got a nice 3dmark06 score of 16298 so she screams a little

best advice research all devices make sure they have 64 bit drivers for the
OS before buying saved me a lot of headaches that's for sure

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Roger Clemens" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4782ad39$0$9569$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I just purchased a motherboard (ECS Elite Group, G33T-M2) and processor
>>> (Intel Core2 Duo E6850, LGA 775, 3 GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 1333 MHz FSB) and
>>> memory (OCZ 2GB x 4 = 8GB) I would like to know if they will be
>>> compatible
>>> together with windows xp 64. Thank you.

>> If I were you, I'd put-off buying XP-64 for now. Not enough drivers or
>> applications. I am getting ready to ditch it myself. Some websites won't
>> even talk to Internet Explorer 64 bit, and Outlook Express 64 bit will
>> noe spell check your emails. Yuck!
>> Save your money.
>>

> I setup an XP-64 machine quite some time ago and it works great.
>
> It depends, really on how it's to be used.
>
> The machine dual boots XP_32 and XP_64 and is used exclusively for
> Photoshop CS2.
>
> Though CS2 runs quite well on the 32bit side...it does run a bit better on
> the 64bit side.
>
> The only problem I had was finding a wireless net card ...
> so I ended up just using CAT-5 and no wireless.
>
> Of course until there are true 64bit apps out there...
> it probably is fine to go with the 32bit OS

Charlie Russel - MVP

Yes, certainly.

You'll want to make sure you have or can get drivers for any critical
peripherals. ECS should provide drivers for the motherboard.

Should be a nice machine, and XP x64 will fly on it.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just purchased a motherboard (ECS Elite Group, G33T-M2) and processor
> (Intel Core2 Duo E6850, LGA 775, 3 GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 1333 MHz FSB) and
> memory (OCZ 2GB x 4 = 8GB) I would like to know if they will be compatible
> together with windows xp 64. Thank you.

John Barnes

I agree with Charlie and Colin, make sure you have the drivers and XP64 is
an awesome system.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just purchased a motherboard (ECS Elite Group, G33T-M2) and processor
> (Intel Core2 Duo E6850, LGA 775, 3 GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 1333 MHz FSB) and
> memory (OCZ 2GB x 4 = 8GB) I would like to know if they will be compatible
> together with windows xp 64. Thank you.

John

I took a stab at it and jumped in with two feet and YES it works! Thanks Colin.

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> I think he just wants to know if the rig will do it.
>
> "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Roger Clemens" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:4782ad39$0$9569$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> "John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> If I were you, I'd put-off buying XP-64 for now. Not enough drivers or
> >> applications. I am getting ready to ditch it myself. Some websites won't
> >> even talk to Internet Explorer 64 bit, and Outlook Express 64 bit will
> >> noe spell check your emails. Yuck!
> >> Save your money.
> >>

> > I setup an XP-64 machine quite some time ago and it works great.
> >
> > It depends, really on how it's to be used.
> >
> > The machine dual boots XP_32 and XP_64 and is used exclusively for
> > Photoshop CS2.
> >
> > Though CS2 runs quite well on the 32bit side...it does run a bit better on
> > the 64bit side.
> >
> > The only problem I had was finding a wireless net card ...
> > so I ended up just using CAT-5 and no wireless.
> >
> > Of course until there are true 64bit apps out there...
> > it probably is fine to go with the 32bit OS

John

Patrick,

Thanks for the heads up...God was watching me and definitely helped me thru
this one as all the drivers were located on line and it is definitely faster
than the 32 bit. of course the 8GB helps too. :>

"Patrick" wrote:

> Vista 64 here running real sweet,, same CPU
> got a nice 3dmark06 score of 16298 so she screams a little
>
> best advice research all devices make sure they have 64 bit drivers for the
> OS before buying saved me a lot of headaches that's for sure
>

> "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Roger Clemens" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:4782ad39$0$9569$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> "John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> If I were you, I'd put-off buying XP-64 for now. Not enough drivers or
> >> applications. I am getting ready to ditch it myself. Some websites won't
> >> even talk to Internet Explorer 64 bit, and Outlook Express 64 bit will
> >> noe spell check your emails. Yuck!
> >> Save your money.
> >>

> > I setup an XP-64 machine quite some time ago and it works great.
> >
> > It depends, really on how it's to be used.
> >
> > The machine dual boots XP_32 and XP_64 and is used exclusively for
> > Photoshop CS2.
> >
> > Though CS2 runs quite well on the 32bit side...it does run a bit better on
> > the 64bit side.
> >
> > The only problem I had was finding a wireless net card ...
> > so I ended up just using CAT-5 and no wireless.
> >
> > Of course until there are true 64bit apps out there...
> > it probably is fine to go with the 32bit OS

MSI P965 Platinum Intel Core 2 Duo Motherboard Review Silverstrand Front Page News 0 12-05-2006 09:47 PM
Intel Duo? Andi Computer Support 2 11-10-2006 09:52 PM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6800 Silverstrand Front Page News 0 06-05-2006 02:04 AM
Intel Duo vs AMD x2 64 Mr-W Computer Information 6 05-25-2006 06:07 PM
Mac Mini Intel Core Duo Upgrade Guide =?ISO-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane_Hennebert?= Computer Information 0 05-06-2006 01:40 PM

Advertisments