Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.Net and FrontPage mixed

ASP.Net and FrontPage mixed

joe

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this or not but I am wondering if
it is possible to run a "mixed" website.
That is, use pages which leverage ASP.net where appropriate and pages which
leverage FrontPage Server extentions (I use FP 2000) on the same web site.

Is it possible?

Any trips?

Any features which won't work? (assuming I don't try to mix the format on an
individual page)

Is there anything I need to tell my web host in the way of configuration on
the server other than to enable FP extentions (the site is already ASP.Net
enabled and my site does not yet have FP server extentions enabled although
my local development machine does)?

Any pro's and cons would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin Spencer

As long as your ASPX pages don't have FrontPage run-time components in them,
it will be fine. The reason is that the FrontPage run-time components use
FrontPage server extensions at run-time, and FrontPage server extensions are
a different ISAPI than ASP.Net.

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Internet Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Big things are made up of
lots of Little things.

"joe" <contact_by_Newsgroup_only.please> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not sure if this is the best place to ask this or not but I am wondering

if
> it is possible to run a "mixed" website.
> That is, use pages which leverage ASP.net where appropriate and pages

which
> leverage FrontPage Server extentions (I use FP 2000) on the same web site.
>
> Is it possible?
>
> Any trips?
>
> Any features which won't work? (assuming I don't try to mix the format on

an
> individual page)
>
> Is there anything I need to tell my web host in the way of configuration

on
> the server other than to enable FP extentions (the site is already ASP.Net
> enabled and my site does not yet have FP server extentions enabled

although
> my local development machine does)?
>
> Any pro's and cons would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks

joe

thanks kevin

news:%23f4MFV$(E-Mail Removed)...