Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Cant run ASP.NET Quickstart tutorial

Cant run ASP.NET Quickstart tutorial

t322y

Hi All
I installed Microsoft.Net Framework Version:1.0.3705.209 (included ASP.NET
Version:1.0.3705.0) in my Win 2000 SP3 3 weeks ago. It worked well all until
i installed a free softwore GoMono. I can't run asp.net quickstart tutorial.
it kept asking some file like Microsoft.VisualBasic.DLL and
Microsoft.VisualBasic.EXE. i tried to find the files manually and i found
them in GoMono directory. i copied the files to Micrososft.NET directory
(C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705) but it didn't solve the
problem. Here is the error message :

Server Error in '/QuickStart/ASPPlus' Application.
----

The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'Microsoft.VisualBasic'
does not match the assembly reference.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: The located assembly's
manifest definition with name 'Microsoft.VisualBasic' does not match the
assembly reference.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[FileLoadException: The located assembly's manifest definition with name
'Microsoft.VisualBasic' does not match the assembly reference.]
System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase,
Boolean isStringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, Boolean
throwOnFileNotFound, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +0
System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyNa me assemblyRef, Boolean
stringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +300
System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef) +22
System.Web.UI.Util.GetReferencedAssembliesHashtabl e(Assembly a) +70
System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.GetCompiledTyp e() +404
System.Web.UI.PageParser.CompileIntoType() +60
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemThr oughCompilation() +125

[HttpException (0x80004005): The located assembly's manifest definition with
name 'Microsoft.VisualBasic' does not match the assembly reference.]
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInt ernal(Boolean
fCreateIfNotFound) +827
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWit hNewConfigPath() +125
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() +88
System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetP arserCacheItem(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +120
System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledIns tance(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +36
System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstance(S tring virtualPath,
String inputFile, HttpContext context) +43
System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpCo ntext context, String
requestType, String url, String path) +14
System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpCont ext context, String
requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig) +174
System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.Execute() +77
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean&
completedSynchronously) +173

----
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.209; ASP.NET
Version:1.0.3705.0

i have tried to fix it with dotnetfx.exe, even installed and uninstalled the
Microsoft.NET two times but the error still appeared. please help me to
solve this problem. sorry for my bad english.

best regards

Satria F

fadi

try running the following:

c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\[version number]\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

if that does not work, then not sure.

"t322y" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All
> I installed Microsoft.Net Framework Version:1.0.3705.209 (included ASP.NET
> Version:1.0.3705.0) in my Win 2000 SP3 3 weeks ago. It worked well all

until
> i installed a free softwore GoMono. I can't run asp.net quickstart

tutorial.
> it kept asking some file like Microsoft.VisualBasic.DLL and
> Microsoft.VisualBasic.EXE. i tried to find the files manually and i found
> them in GoMono directory. i copied the files to Micrososft.NET directory
> (C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705) but it didn't solve the
> problem. Here is the error message :
>

> Server Error in '/QuickStart/ASPPlus' Application.

> ----
>
> The located assembly's manifest definition with name

'Microsoft.VisualBasic'
> does not match the assembly reference.
>
> Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: The located assembly's
> manifest definition with name 'Microsoft.VisualBasic' does not match the
> assembly reference.
>
> Source Error:

web
> request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception

can