Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Struts or Patterns in ASP.NET

Struts or Patterns in ASP.NET

PeteZ

As an architectural question - does ASP.NET offer any "pattern" like Struts to facilitate front-ends to Web Servers?

As far as I can see, it's up to the developer to create the patterns (eg. like MVC - Model View Controllers, Struts) from scratch

Have i missed something here ?

Tu-Thach

ASP.NET offers a great way to separate presentation from
code logic MUCH better than Struts.

Tu-Thach

Steve S

Oh really? Which mechanism is that? You mean the one that passes a
humongous activestate all over everywhere with terrible performance
hits?

I am looking for good MVC paradigm on dot net also...and so
far..finding little...

"Tu-Thach" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<069301c33beb$14da4cb0$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> ASP.NET offers a great way to separate presentation from
> code logic MUCH better than Struts.
>
> Tu-Thach

Tomasz Kaszuba

Humongeous? 1 or 2 k is humongeous? You've got total control over your
viewstate, if you don't like it you can always turn it off and use the
session like struts does.

If your looking for an MVC implementation in .NET check out the samples on
www.asp.net or www.gotdot.net
I'm pretty sure there was a framework implemented by someone from MS but
it's not nearly as developed as Struts.

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...