Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > windows time service

windows time service

wf3h

just bought a new laptop using vista. i wanted to use a program to
synchronize the clock with the NIST but the program won't run with
window's ****ed up 'time service" which is a laughable description of
something that's as accurate as a water clock

any way to disable the windows time service so i can run my own
program? thanks much

wf3h

On Jan 7, 12:46*am, wf3h <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> just bought a new laptop using vista. i wanted to use a program to
> synchronize the clock with the NIST but the program won't run with
> window's ****ed up 'time service" which is a laughable description of
> something that's as accurate as a water clock
>
> any way to disable the windows time service so i can run my own
> program? thanks much

never mind...got it...

Mr. Arnold

"wf3h" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Jan 7, 12:46 am, wf3h <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> just bought a new laptop using vista. i wanted to use a program to
> synchronize the clock with the NIST but the program won't run with
> window's ****ed up 'time service" which is a laughable description of
> something that's as accurate as a water clock
>
> any way to disable the windows time service so i can run my own
> program? thanks much

never mind...got it...

And on top of that, Vista gives the user the ability to sync to several time
servers other than MS's time server, if you know what you're doing with
Vista.

May I suggest this for you.

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dumm...471754218.html

In addition, may I suggest that you post to one of the
MS.Public.Windows.Vista NG(s) at msnews.microsoft.com, which should be MS
Communities on Windows Mail. Or you can go to the link provided.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...y/default.mspx

Here is another tip, because you seem like you're someone that will fly off
the handle at the drop of a hat.

If at all possible, don't install software on the machine that's not Vista
compliant, because you're asking for trouble.

http://www.bestvistadownloads.com/
http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=5175
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=785

One other thing, at this time with Vista, you really do need some technical
computer savvy to deal with Vista and/or you need some *real* previous
technical MS NT based O/S savvy such as with Win 2K, Win XP etc, etc to deal
with Vista.

wf3h

On Jan 7, 4:44*am, "Mr. Arnold" <MR. (E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "wf3h" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Jan 7, 12:46 am, wf3h <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > just bought a new laptop using vista. i wanted to use a program to
> > synchronize the clock with the NIST but the program won't run with
> > window's ****ed up 'time service" which is a laughable description of
> > something that's as accurate as a water clock

> > any way to disable the windows time service so i can run my own
> > program? thanks much

> never mind...got it...
>
> And on top of that, Vista gives the user the ability to sync to several time
> servers other than MS's time server, if you know what you're doing with
> Vista.
>
> May I suggest this for you.
>
> http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dumm...471754218.html
>
> In addition, may I suggest that you post to one of the
> MS.Public.Windows.Vista NG(s) at msnews.microsoft.com, which should be MS
> Communities on Windows Mail. Or you can go to the link provided.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...y/default.mspx
>
> Here is another tip, because you seem like you're someone that will fly off
> the handle at the drop of a hat.

given the number of lawsuits worldwide filed against microsoft, i'm in
good company.

> If at all possible, don't install software on the machine that's not Vista
> compliant, because you're asking for trouble.
>
> http://www.bestvistadownloads.com/ht....com/Ou/?p=785
>
> One other thing, at this time with Vista, you really do need some technical
> computer savvy to deal with Vista and/or you need some *real* *previous
> technical MS NT based O/S savvy such as with Win 2K, Win XP etc, etc to deal
> with Vista.

Mr. Arnold

"wf3h" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On Jan 7, 4:44 am, "Mr. Arnold" <MR. (E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "wf3h" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Jan 7, 12:46 am, wf3h <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > just bought a new laptop using vista. i wanted to use a program to
> > synchronize the clock with the NIST but the program won't run with
> > window's ****ed up 'time service" which is a laughable description of
> > something that's as accurate as a water clock

> > any way to disable the windows time service so i can run my own
> > program? thanks much

> never mind...got it...
>
> And on top of that, Vista gives the user the ability to sync to several
> time
> servers other than MS's time server, if you know what you're doing with
> Vista.
>
> May I suggest this for you.
>
> http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dumm...471754218.html
>
> In addition, may I suggest that you post to one of the
> MS.Public.Windows.Vista NG(s) at msnews.microsoft.com, which should be MS
> Communities on Windows Mail. Or you can go to the link provided.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...y/default.mspx
>
> Here is another tip, because you seem like you're someone that will fly
> off
> the handle at the drop of a hat.

given the number of lawsuits worldwide filed against microsoft, i'm in
good company.

----

LOL, like you got big money and the time to be in court do you, for the rest
of your life? You need to think about that comment, because there is
nothing you are going to personally do are you? <VBG>