Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Is a usb wireless network as good as geting a wireless card.

Is a usb wireless network as good as geting a wireless card.

lbbss

I just need an Internet connection upstairs. I like the idea having a
usb wireless network adapter for Internet. On occasion can switch
it to the third kids computer. Any disadvantages to the usb
wireless? thanks.

richard

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 18:52:10 -0800 (PST), lbbss <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I just need an Internet connection upstairs. I like the idea having a
>usb wireless network adapter for Internet. On occasion can switch
>it to the third kids computer. Any disadvantages to the usb
>wireless? thanks.

Should not be a problem. Just run it as "secure" "ad hoc".
Might need a router to help with any distance between the two.

Leythos

In article <13b3f564-2adf-4699-9ba2-9dfd4591159f@
41g2000hsy.googlegroups.com>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> I just need an Internet connection upstairs. I like the idea having a
> usb wireless network adapter for Internet. On occasion can switch
> it to the third kids computer. Any disadvantages to the usb
> wireless? thanks.

Wireless USB is always a crap-shoot, it's problematic and intermittent.
If you get one that works well, well, you're lucky.

--

Leythos - (E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 to email me)

Fight exposing kids to porn, complain about sites like PCBUTTS 1.COM
that create filth and put it on the web for any kid to see: Just take a
look at some of the FILTH he's created and put on his website:
http://forums.speedguide.net/archive.../t-223485.html all exposed
'exposed to kids'.

Brian Cryer

"lbbss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just need an Internet connection upstairs. I like the idea having a
> usb wireless network adapter for Internet. On occasion can switch
> it to the third kids computer. Any disadvantages to the usb
> wireless? thanks.

I've used both USB wireless adapters and a wireless adapter cards. Both
should be fine. Personally I'd recommend a wireless adapter card because you
then don't have the problem of it being inadvertently disconnected, and
because USB will require more from the CPU (but unless you feel the pc in
question is slow then this is probably not worth worrying about). Otherwise
both should work fine.
--
Brian Cryer
www.cryer.co.uk/brian