Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > The designer could not be shown for this file... (Smart Device development)

The designer could not be shown for this file... (Smart Device development)

Johann Blake

I installed "Visual Studio.NET 2003 Special Upgrade for Version 2002
customers". At the time of this posting, this is the latest version
available.

When I go to create a Smart Device application using C#, the IDE shows the
designer window with the error message:

"The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes
within it can be designed."

After reading other postings in this and other newsgroups about others
having this problem, I tried their solutions but to no avail. I did of
course have Visual Studio.Net 2002 installed previously but removed it. I
also had some other MS tools for doing mobile development work installed but
removed those as well.

There are no references in the project and when I go to display the list of
available references, it is empty, which is exactly what others have
reported.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Johann Blake

Development of mobile solutions using GPS
www.closerworlds.com/eng