Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Appropriate icons

Appropriate icons

Ole Nielsby

Anybody know of a free source of icons suitable for representing
VHDL things (entities, architectures, processes...)? What should the
icons look like to be easily recognizable?

Mike Treseler

Ole Nielsby wrote:
> Anybody know of a free source of icons suitable for representing
> VHDL things (entities, architectures, processes...)? What should the
> icons look like to be easily recognizable?

If it has to be graphic, I would use the letters.
E, A, P etc.

Note that most vhdl designers use text editors
that have browsers for the vhdl library units
and automatic completion for other declarations
and statements.

For example:
http://www.iis.ee.ethz.ch/~zimmi/emacs/vhdl-mode.gif

-- Mike Treseler