Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > If my host has Wordpress included - what does this mean?

If my host has Wordpress included - what does this mean?

Victory

My hosting for my website has wordpress included- but what does this
mean?
I want to start a blog and I know that Wordpress is a blogging
program. So does this mean it is ready to go and I just have to type
in comments and blogs? Is there a learning curve or is it WYSIWYG?

Thanks

Jonathan N. Little

Victory wrote:
> My hosting for my website has wordpress included- but what does this
> mean?
> I want to start a blog and I know that Wordpress is a blogging
> program. So does this mean it is ready to go and I just have to type
> in comments and blogs? Is there a learning curve or is it WYSIWYG?

Hmmm, let's see you are using Goggle for access to Usenet but never
thought to use is as a search engine? Amazing!

wordpress manual - Google Search

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Victory

Read the manual? I knew this was going to be difficult...

Victory wrote:
> Read the manual? I knew this was going to be difficult...

Hey that's life. What do you think they make manuals for?

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Bergamot

Victory wrote:
> My hosting for my website has wordpress included- but what does this
> mean?

Why don't you ask your hosting service?

--
Berg

Toby A Inkster

Victory wrote:

> I want to start a blog and I know that Wordpress is a blogging program.
> So does this mean it is ready to go and I just have to type in comments
> and blogs?

Generally speaking you write the articles and wait for other people to
write the comments.

> Is there a learning curve or is it WYSIWYG?

WordPress has a reputation for being pretty straightforward to use. It
should be fairly easy to just login and start publishing.

Things get a little more tricky if you want to customise various aspects
of it (e.g. the template), but you can always leave that part to a little
later when you're more comfortable with the basics.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
[OS: Linux 2.6.17.14-mm-desktop-9mdvsmp, up 7 days, 10:15.]

dhyana.pl/0.3
http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2008/01/06/dhyana/

Harlan Messinger

Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> Victory wrote:
>> My hosting for my website has wordpress included- but what does this
>> mean?
>> I want to start a blog and I know that Wordpress is a blogging
>> program. So does this mean it is ready to go and I just have to type
>> in comments and blogs? Is there a learning curve or is it WYSIWYG?

> Hmmm, let's see you are using Goggle for access to Usenet but never
> thought to use is as a search engine? Amazing!
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
> wordpress manual - Google Search

Usenet and the Web were invented so people wouldn't have to read the manual.

Jonathan N. Little

Harlan Messinger wrote:

> Usenet and the Web were invented so people wouldn't have to read the
> manual.

Well I guess we know some people think so...

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 07 Jan 2008 03:28:27 GMT
Jonathan N. Little scribed:

> Harlan Messinger wrote:
>
>> Usenet and the Web were invented so people wouldn't have to read the
>> manual.

> Well I guess we know some people think so...

Actually, I can see that side of the argument. 'Tis like when some here
tell OPs to go Google. (I've done it, too.) Yes, Google is the correct
option _sometimes_ but not always and not as often as I've seen it
referred.

--
Neredbojias
Riches are their own reward.

Jonathan N. Little

Neredbojias wrote:
> Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 07 Jan 2008 03:28:27 GMT
> Jonathan N. Little scribed:
>
>> Harlan Messinger wrote:
>>
>>> Usenet and the Web were invented so people wouldn't have to read the
>>> manual.

>> Well I guess we know some people think so...

> Actually, I can see that side of the argument. 'Tis like when some here
> tell OPs to go Google. (I've done it, too.) Yes, Google is the correct
> option _sometimes_ but not always and not as often as I've seen it
> referred.

True, but many time it should be your first option. Afterwards if you
are still confused or need more direction Usenet can be very beneficial.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Wordpress management from Python: do you know main bindings/modulesto automate Wordpress blogging from .py software? Aldo Ceccarelli Python 0 03-19-2009 03:36 PM
wordpress review Carolyn Marenger HTML 1 03-30-2006 07:16 PM
Re: How to paste python code on wordpress? Dan Lowe Python 1 11-22-2005 02:18 PM
Re: How to paste python code on wordpress? Dan Lowe Python 1 11-22-2005 09:52 AM
WordPress Python Library 1.0 Michele Ferretti Python 14 05-04-2005 06:38 PM

Advertisments