Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > hide the value of a submit button using CSS

hide the value of a submit button using CSS

spaceoutlet@gmail.com

Hello,

Does anyone know how to hide the value of a submit button using CSS?
It would be usefull in order to make a website more accessible. I
googled around but only found a solution using javascipt. Thank you.

Alex

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed):

> Does anyone know how to hide the value of a submit button using CSS?

display: none

Well, the entire button is hidden then, but you didn't specify any
limitations.

You could also try setting font-size to 1px (or 0, but then browsers
might ignore it), though this cannot "work" on non-visual browsers or on
browsers that have a minimum font size setting. Or you might set the
color same as background-color, or set the width to 0 with overflow:
hidden.

> It would be usefull in order to make a website more accessible.

Now that was a surprise. Are you sure you didn't mean "inaccessible"?

> I googled around but only found a solution using javascipt.

My trollometer makes some noises now.

Unless you're just trying to make fun of us, please tell us what the
real problem is. I mean the assumed problem that you're trying to solve
with the odd goal of making a submit button appear without any text.

--
Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

dorayme

In article <563gj.276750$(E-Mail Removed) >,
"Jukka K. Korpela" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Scripsit (E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Does anyone know how to hide the value of a submit button using CSS?

> display: none
>
> Well, the entire button is hidden then, but you didn't specify any
> limitations.

You mean like when someone asks how to get rid of a mouse in a
cupboard and is advised to get rid of the cupboard because they
did not rule anything out?

--
dorayme

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit dorayme:

>>> Does anyone know how to hide the value of a submit button using CSS?

>> display: none
>>
>> Well, the entire button is hidden then, but you didn't specify any
>> limitations.

> You mean like when someone asks how to get rid of a mouse in a
> cupboard and is advised to get rid of the cupboard because they
> did not rule anything out?

Surely that's one solution, if one is willing to get rid of the mouse at
any cost.

--
Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Sean

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 02:46:12 -0800, spaceoutlet wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know how to hide the value of a submit button using CSS? It
> would be usefull in order to make a website more accessible. I googled
> around but only found a solution using javascipt. Thank you.
>
> Alex

When you say you want to "hide" the values of the form being submitted,
what exactly do you mean? If it's showing up in the URL, use POST
instead of GET.

Please don't crosspost.