Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Windows Vista Alignment with Windows Server 2008

Windows Vista Alignment with Windows Server 2008

Smoking Causes Lung Cancer (SCLC)

http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window...21e-f706-401e-
abb5-eec42ea0a03e1033.mspx?mfr=true

"" Windows Vista is aligned with Windows Server 2008, meaning that many
files are common to both products. A result of this design is that there
are cases where a common binary is modified to enable a server scenario
that has limited or no effect on Windows Vista SP1 capabilities. Here are
few examples: ""

Heh heh heh.

I think that this means Microsoft WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Server 2008
Edition will also have the same very poor performance as Microsoft
WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Client 2007 Edition, as they're virtually binary
identical.

That is, if one is to believe what Micro$oft says (but who does!).

--
Smoking Causes Lung Cancer

Will Spencer

On 6 Jan 2008 12:34:15 +1300, Smoking Causes Lung Cancer (SCLC) wrote:

> http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window...21e-f706-401e-
> abb5-eec42ea0a03e1033.mspx?mfr=true
>
> "" Windows Vista is aligned with Windows Server 2008, meaning that many
> files are common to both products. A result of this design is that there
> are cases where a common binary is modified to enable a server scenario
> that has limited or no effect on Windows Vista SP1 capabilities. Here are
> few examples: ""
>
> Heh heh heh.
>
> I think that this means Microsoft WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Server 2008
> Edition will also have the same very poor performance as Microsoft
> WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Client 2007 Edition, as they're virtually binary
> identical.
>
> That is, if one is to believe what Micro$oft says (but who does!).

The more you guys feel the need to talk about Micro$oft the more we know
Micro$oft are winning.

-ws

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Smoking Causes Lung
Cancer (SCLC) did write:

> I think that this means Microsoft WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Server 2008
> Edition will also have the same very poor performance as Microsoft
> WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Client 2007 Edition, as they're virtually binary
> identical.

Just you wait, all you Windows-badmouthers. Microsoft will be offering a
doozy of an OS in its upcoming Windows 7, which will be built on the
super-duper Windows Advanced New Kernel.

//

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 22:21:06 +1300, Will Spencer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 6 Jan 2008 12:34:15 +1300, Smoking Causes Lung Cancer (SCLC) wrote:
>
>> http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window...21e-f706-401e-
>> abb5-eec42ea0a03e1033.mspx?mfr=true
>>
>> "" Windows Vista is aligned with Windows Server 2008, meaning that many
>> files are common to both products. A result of this design is that there
>> are cases where a common binary is modified to enable a server scenario
>> that has limited or no effect on Windows Vista SP1 capabilities. Here are
>> few examples: ""
>>
>> Heh heh heh.
>>
>> I think that this means Microsoft WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Server 2008
>> Edition will also have the same very poor performance as Microsoft
>> WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Client 2007 Edition, as they're virtually binary
>> identical.

>> That is, if one is to believe what Micro$oft says (but who does!).

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz

>The more you guys feel the need to talk about Micro$oft the more we know
>Micro$oft are winning.

These bitches seem to spend a lot of time hunting out MS articles. Get a
mutha****ing life! "ohhh look, an article ragging MS. *splat........cumshot*"

bret

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 23:57:06 +1300, // wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 22:21:06 +1300, Will Spencer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On 6 Jan 2008 12:34:15 +1300, Smoking Causes Lung Cancer (SCLC) wrote:
>>
>>> http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window...21e-f706-401e-
>>> abb5-eec42ea0a03e1033.mspx?mfr=true
>>>
>>> "" Windows Vista is aligned with Windows Server 2008, meaning that many
>>> files are common to both products. A result of this design is that there
>>> are cases where a common binary is modified to enable a server scenario
>>> that has limited or no effect on Windows Vista SP1 capabilities. Here are
>>> few examples: ""
>>>
>>> Heh heh heh.
>>>
>>> I think that this means Microsoft WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Server 2008
>>> Edition will also have the same very poor performance as Microsoft
>>> WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Client 2007 Edition, as they're virtually binary
>>> identical.

>>> That is, if one is to believe what Micro$oft says (but who does!).

> Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz
>
>>The more you guys feel the need to talk about Micro$oft the more we know
>>Micro$oft are winning.

> These bitches seem to spend a lot of time hunting out MS articles. Get a
> mutha****ing life! "ohhh look, an article ragging MS. *splat........cumshot*"

Did you forget your name.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <hdvxn1o91l78$.cyn07sljoew4$(E-Mail Removed)>, Will Spencer did
write:

> The more you guys feel the need to talk about Micro$oft the more we know
> Micro$oft are winning.

A certain Will Spencer had quite a suitable retort to this. He said "That
must be your equivalent of a wet dream."

Mark Robinson

// wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 22:21:06 +1300, Will Spencer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 6 Jan 2008 12:34:15 +1300, Smoking Causes Lung Cancer (SCLC) wrote:
>>> http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window...21e-f706-401e-
>>> abb5-eec42ea0a03e1033.mspx?mfr=true
>>> "" Windows Vista is aligned with Windows Server 2008, meaning that many
>>> files are common to both products. A result of this design is that there
>>> are cases where a common binary is modified to enable a server scenario
>>> that has limited or no effect on Windows Vista SP1 capabilities. Here are
>>> few examples: ""
>>> Heh heh heh.
>>> I think that this means Microsoft WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Server 2008
>>> Edition will also have the same very poor performance as Microsoft
>>> WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Client 2007 Edition, as they're virtually binary
>>> identical.
>>> That is, if one is to believe what Micro$oft says (but who does!).

> Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz
>
>> The more you guys feel the need to talk about Micro$oft the more we know
>> Micro$oft are winning.

> These bitches seem to spend a lot of time hunting out MS articles. Get a
> mutha****ing life! "ohhh look, an article ragging MS. *splat........cumshot*"

Surely that's impossible ...