Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > How Stupid can MS Be..

How Stupid can MS Be..

no one@noone.cnn

Office 2003 update blocks older file formats

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6224462.html

There excuses are utter Crap..

peter

no http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Office 2003 update blocks older file formats
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6224462.html

"The older file formats that are now blocked are in decreasing day-to-day
use, but the blocking of them will make retrieval of archived material more
difficult."

This is exactly why using proprietary file formats should not be used, and
this is particularly important for official documents and those that may
have lasting importance.

Peter

Keith

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, no
(E-Mail Removed) says...

> Office 2003 update blocks older file formats
>
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6224462.html
>

> There excuses are utter Crap..

Big deal. They aren't "blocked", you simply can't open old file formats
in Word, Excel, et al.

So load Open Office (for free) open the old file format there and save
as a newer M$ file format.

Hang on... <thinks> Why don't I just ditch Word and use OO Writer
instead??

You're right, MS are stupid.

thingy

Keith wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, no
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> Office 2003 update blocks older file formats
>>
>> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6224462.html
>>

>> There excuses are utter Crap..
>>

> Big deal. They aren't "blocked", you simply can't open old file formats
> in Word, Excel, et al.
>
> So load Open Office (for free) open the old file format there and save
> as a newer M$ file format.
>
> Hang on... <thinks> Why don't I just ditch Word and use OO Writer
> instead??
>
> You're right, MS are stupid.

blind combined with arrogant.....they believe they can do what they want
any time they want....

regards

Thing

Gordon

On 2008-01-06, thingy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Keith wrote:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, no
>> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>>> Office 2003 update blocks older file formats
>>>
>>> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6224462.html
>>>

>>> There excuses are utter Crap..
>>>

>> Big deal. They aren't "blocked", you simply can't open old file formats
>> in Word, Excel, et al.
>>
>> So load Open Office (for free) open the old file format there and save
>> as a newer M$ file format.
>>
>> Hang on... <thinks> Why don't I just ditch Word and use OO Writer
>> instead??
>>
>> You're right, MS are stupid.

> blind combined with arrogant.....they believe they can do what they want
> any time they want....

If you are a monolopy, or dictator this works for only so long. MS is now
discovering this.

stupid question...waiting for a stupid answer Brandon McCombs Java 4 08-28-2006 06:57 PM
stupid stupid stupid kpg MCSE 17 11-26-2004 02:59 PM
Stupid is as Stupid Does! Michael P Gabriel Digital Photography 3 06-26-2004 12:49 PM

Advertisments