Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Back button on the browser problem

Back button on the browser problem

shimonsim@talamus.com

Hi
In my application I have a wizard and I have to make sure that user can't
come back to previous page of the wizard. The problem is that is user clicks
on "Back" button of the brouser he returns to previous page. How can I
restrict this behavior - let's say showing him - "This page expired" or just
sending him to totally different page.
Thanks, Shimon.

Rajesh.V

Also you could try placing the js history.forward(1) in the pages, people
shouldnt come back to. This js effectively disables the back button.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> In my application I have a wizard and I have to make sure that user can't
> come back to previous page of the wizard. The problem is that is user

clicks
> on "Back" button of the brouser he returns to previous page. How can I
> restrict this behavior - let's say showing him - "This page expired" or

just
> sending him to totally different page.
> Thanks, Shimon.

Tian Min Huang

Hi Shimon,

This is a FAQ for script programming. The general idea is that we couldn't
do it on server side. For client side, we cannot totally remove the ability
for the user to go back to the previous location, although we can make it
harder.

Please refer to http://developer.irt.org/script/311.htm for some methods to
do so.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
HuangTM

shimonsim@talamus.com

Thanks, to everybody how answered me.
The functionality I am looking for is something that is similar to
Excite.com functionality.
The home page has to be updated from the server. If I am going to one of
the topics and then click on "Back" button the request is sent to the server
and browser doesn't show me cashed page. I find it very nice (and very
useful for my application).
Thanks for answers.
Simon.

"Tian Min Huang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Shimon,
>
> This is a FAQ for script programming. The general idea is that we couldn't
> do it on server side. For client side, we cannot totally remove the

ability
> for the user to go back to the previous location, although we can make it
> harder.
>
> Please refer to http://developer.irt.org/script/311.htm for some methods

> do so.
>
> Hope this helps.