Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Anybody having trouble with cable broadband in WGTN?

Anybody having trouble with cable broadband in WGTN?

thingy

Mine just sucks at present.

Clear seems to be "promising" to do something end of January....

:/

regards

Thing

Max Burke

"thingy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mine just sucks at present.
>
> Clear seems to be "promising" to do something end of January....
>
> :/
>
> regards
>
> Thing

No.

Working fine here within stated specs that I pay for... (8 - 12 Mbits/sec)
And I'm getting a $20.00 monthly discount because my ISP says it's not
operating within stated specs

Found Images

Sam

I used to get 4Mbits/sec. now usually get 2Mbits/sec.

"thingy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mine just sucks at present.
>
> Clear seems to be "promising" to do something end of January....
>
> :/
>
> regards
>
> Thing

David Empson

Max Burke <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "thingy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Mine just sucks at present.
> >
> > Clear seems to be "promising" to do something end of January....
> >
> > :/
> >
> > regards
> >
> > Thing

> No.
>
> Working fine here within stated specs that I pay for... (8 - 12 Mbits/sec)
> And I'm getting a $20.00 monthly discount because my ISP says it's not
> operating within stated specs

$20? I'm only getting a $10 discount. Which plan are you on? I'm on the
20 GB one (cheapest which has 10 Mbps).

My connection can be a little sluggish at busy times but works well at
quiet times of day.

--
David Empson
(E-Mail Removed)

Max Burke

>David Empson wrote:

>> Max Burke wrote:

>>> "thingy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Mine just sucks at present.
>>> Clear seems to be "promising" to do something end of January....

>> No.
>> Working fine here within stated specs that I pay for... (8 - 12
>> Mbits/sec)
>> And I'm getting a $20.00 monthly discount because my ISP says it's not
>> operating within stated specs

> $20? I'm only getting a $10 discount. Which plan are you on? I'm on the
> 20 GB one (cheapest which has 10 Mbps).

40GB 10Mb/2Mb Lightspeed...

The discount size/amount appears to be based on the plan you're on.

> My connection can be a little sluggish at busy times but works well at
> quiet times of day.

I've noticed in the last week that my download speeds, and web surfing seems
to be consistent and fast no matter what time of day it is, what I'm
downloading, or what websites I'm going to... Speed tests throughout they
day seem to be a consistent 8-12Mbits second. (nothing like the promised
24Mbits promised earlier in the year though)
I'm thinking they've already fixed the 'problem' I was supposed to be having
with performance.

That's a vast improvement over the problems I was having earlier in the year
where it took the Telstra Clear/Paradise help desk over a week to even
acknowledge the slow speed problem, and the technician who didn't bring the
right 'tools' (a laptop to test my connection) on his first call, and his
supervisor who tried to put me off for another 4 days cause he wanted his
technician to attend other calls first.

In the end the slow speed problem I was having was because I had the cable
modem on a USB2 connection, which the technician discovered straight away
with his laptop on his second visit, and was fixed by me plugging the cable
modem into a cheap DSE 10/100/1000Mbit network card.
USB2 should have been fine but on this computer it seems to limit the cable
modem to a maximum 2 - 3Mbit maximum download speed.

--
(E-Mail Removed)
Found Images