Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Replacement rubbers for earbuds

Replacement rubbers for earbuds

BTMO

"sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

>> Folks - does anyone know where to find replacement rubbers for in-ear
>> earbuds? I mean the really small, really comfy, really squishy ones.
>>
>> There seems to be some sort of global conspiracy - when you buy the
>> earphones, you get a small, medium and large set, but they invariably pop
>> off and vanish, and you are soon left with an unusable set of earphones.
>>
>> Given they go deep in the ear, they get nasty after a while, a ready
>> (ready but affordable!! apparently Sony DO sell them - but it is cheaper
>> to by new earphones than sony replacement accessories!) supply of new
>> parts would make a lot of sense.
>>
>> So far I have tried trademe, the warehouse, harvey norman, norman ross,
>> dick smith, and several places overseas while I was there. No one seems
>> to sell them!
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Brenton

> What brand ?

I have philips sound isolating ones, my partner has several different
brands. We aren't desperate yet, but can see the day when we run out of odd
sizes coming up...

sam

BTMO wrote:
> "sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>
>>> Folks - does anyone know where to find replacement rubbers for in-ear
>>> earbuds? I mean the really small, really comfy, really squishy ones.
>>>
>>> There seems to be some sort of global conspiracy - when you buy the
>>> earphones, you get a small, medium and large set, but they invariably pop
>>> off and vanish, and you are soon left with an unusable set of earphones.
>>>
>>> Given they go deep in the ear, they get nasty after a while, a ready
>>> (ready but affordable!! apparently Sony DO sell them - but it is cheaper
>>> to by new earphones than sony replacement accessories!) supply of new
>>> parts would make a lot of sense.
>>>
>>> So far I have tried trademe, the warehouse, harvey norman, norman ross,
>>> dick smith, and several places overseas while I was there. No one seems
>>> to sell them!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Brenton

>> Shure are another brand, their tips fit a few different brands of driver.
>> http://www.jands.co.nz/index.php/ps_...tockcode/EA306
>> http://www.jands.co.nz/index.php/ps_...pi_brandid/109

> Hmmm.. same problem as the sony ones, really.
>
> $35 for about 12 cents worth of rubber...

Yup $US9 on Amazon

Craig Shore

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 07:45:16 +1300, "BTMO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Folks - does anyone know where to find replacement rubbers for in-ear
>earbuds? I mean the really small, really comfy, really squishy ones.
>
>There seems to be some sort of global conspiracy - when you buy the
>earphones, you get a small, medium and large set, but they invariably pop
>off and vanish, and you are soon left with an unusable set of earphones.
>
>Given they go deep in the ear, they get nasty after a while, a ready (ready
>but affordable!! apparently Sony DO sell them - but it is cheaper to by new
>earphones than sony replacement accessories!) supply of new parts would make
>a lot of sense.
>
>So far I have tried trademe, the warehouse, harvey norman, norman ross, dick
>smith, and several places overseas while I was there. No one seems to sell
>them!

Ebay Australia. It's also excellent for any cheap replacement
batteries for cameras etc. You order the product through there from
Hong Kong. Items typically take about a week to NZ.
Mostly you need a Paypal account to pay for them. Paypal can be set up
so the transaction just gets charged to your credit card.

Earbud Rubber for Sony Ericsson on there go for AU$3.99 with AU$2.95
postage to New Zealand.

SupergoofNZ

~misfit~ wrote:
> Somewhere on teh interweb BTMO typed:
>> Folks - does anyone know where to find replacement rubbers for in-ear
>> earbuds? I mean the really small, really comfy, really squishy ones.
>>
>> There seems to be some sort of global conspiracy - when you buy the
>> earphones, you get a small, medium and large set, but they invariably
>> pop off and vanish, and you are soon left with an unusable set of
>> earphones.
>> Given they go deep in the ear, they get nasty after a while, a ready
>> (ready but affordable!! apparently Sony DO sell them - but it is
>> cheaper to by new earphones than sony replacement accessories!)
>> supply of new parts would make a lot of sense.
>>
>> So far I have tried trademe, the warehouse, harvey norman, norman
>> ross, dick smith, and several places overseas while I was there. No
>> one seems to sell them!

> I saw some in a $2 shop a couple years ago. Don't know if you'd still find
> them of even what quality they'd be.
>
> I talked my flatmate into an over-ear neckband type Sennheiser headset. More
> hygenic and far less damaging for your ears. Sound freaking awesome too.

We got the $60 Sennheiser headphones for the computers (so we don't
drive each other mad when we're both playing games in the same room!).

They're excellent, great sound and very good at blocking outside noise
as well - and even fit the husband's big giant head.

The only downside is that the dog thinks it's funny to sneak up and
scare the bejesus out of me when she thinks it's her mealtime.

)

cheers
Rachel

SupergoofNZ

none wrote:
> BTMO wrote:
>> Given they go deep in the ear, they get nasty after a while, a ready
>> (ready but affordable!! apparently Sony DO sell them - but it is
>> cheaper to by new earphones than sony replacement accessories!) supply
>> of new parts would make a lot of sense.

> If you have a full blown Sony store (Sony Style or w/e), I have heard of
> a couple of people that have gone in there and just been given them for
> free.

You could try the Sony website:
http://www.sony.co.nz/default.jsp
http://www.sony.co.nz/products/servicecentres.jsp

cheers
Rachel

Jake Jake is offline
Junior Member

theres a new crowd in nz that sells replacement rubbers for Sony, and WAAAAAY cheaper than the Sony store: http://earbudsnz.co.nz

they do tips for most makes and models, even Bose.... i got some from there for UltimateEars 200's for only $5.50 and only took a few days.

jake out