Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > $deity I love subversion

$deity I love subversion

shane

That says it all really
--
Hardware n: Parts of the computer you can kick

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <fjfv5b$cgq$(E-Mail Removed)>, shane did write:

> That says it all really

Were you suffering under something else before?

shane

Lawrence D'Oliveiro did scribble:

> In article <fjfv5b$cgq$(E-Mail Removed)>, shane did write:
>
>> That says it all really

> Were you suffering under something else before?

Ive never used version control before. And man was I needing it.

--
Hardware n: Parts of the computer you can kick

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <fjg4ha$giu$(E-Mail Removed)>, shane did write:

> Ive never used version control before. And man was I needing it.

Yeah, I can relate to that. I've been working with the software staffers at
a major client, so over the last six months I've been putting the major
work I did for them into Subversion, so we can collaborate more easily. I
wrote a Python script that takes a collection of current and old versions
of source files, appropriately named, and fakes up a Subversion repository
dump based on the file modification dates, extracting automatic changelog
comments by doing diffs on appropriately-formatted initial comments in the
source files. (Yes, I was pretty systematic about that sort of thing.)

Nice to move to a more modern way of working, yet still see 8 years of
history preserved intact.