Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Xnet throttling p2p?

Xnet throttling p2p?

Squiggle

Have xnet added p2p throttling with the recent network upgrade?
Azeureus seems to be really crawling tonight.

Anyone else noticed this?

Richard

Squiggle wrote:
> Have xnet added p2p throttling with the recent network upgrade? Azeureus
> seems to be really crawling tonight.
>
> Anyone else noticed this?

I just used it at mums and it gave over 100kB/sec so I would say no,
they have not.

Squiggle

Richard wrote:
> Squiggle wrote:
>> Have xnet added p2p throttling with the recent network upgrade?
>> Azeureus seems to be really crawling tonight.
>>
>> Anyone else noticed this?

> I just used it at mums and it gave over 100kB/sec so I would say no,
> they have not.

Cheers, must have just been a poorly seeded torrent then i guess.

Allistar

Squiggle wrote:

> Richard wrote:
>> Squiggle wrote:
>>> Have xnet added p2p throttling with the recent network upgrade?
>>> Azeureus seems to be really crawling tonight.
>>>
>>> Anyone else noticed this?

>> I just used it at mums and it gave over 100kB/sec so I would say no,
>> they have not.

> Cheers, must have just been a poorly seeded torrent then i guess.

Out of interest I downloaded an ISO of a DVD using bittorrent (KTorrent) and
it came down at an average of >500kB/s. I was most impressed. I'm with
TelstraClear (paradise.net).
--
A.