Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Possible to have ADSL from two ISPs?

Possible to have ADSL from two ISPs?

Old Wolf

If you have two phone lines into your house, is it possible
to get ADSL from two different ISPs ?

Note, one of the ISPs is TelstraClear, who don't give
you ADSL unless you also sign up with them for
home phone line.

sam

Old Wolf wrote:
> If you have two phone lines into your house, is it possible
> to get ADSL from two different ISPs ?
>
> Note, one of the ISPs is TelstraClear, who don't give
> you ADSL unless you also sign up with them for
> home phone line.

Yes it is possible for each line to be a different ADSL connection, just
as if they were in adjacent apartments

Alan

"Old Wolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you have two phone lines into your house, is it possible
> to get ADSL from two different ISPs ?
>
> Note, one of the ISPs is TelstraClear, who don't give
> you ADSL unless you also sign up with them for
> home phone line.

This is definately possible, but if you want to use both connections
simultaneously, you'll need a router / modem setup that can handle
that.

There are certainly models that will do it to provide failover in the
case of one DSL connection dying.

Of course, if one goes for some reason, it's possible the other will
go too!

--

Alan.

else associated with me.