Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Successor to the 8800GTS is the 8800GTS....

Successor to the 8800GTS is the 8800GTS....

thingy

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...ll-8800gts-isn

So turn on the bits in the 8800GT you turned off and sell it for more
dosh....nice work if you can get it....

regards

thing

thingy

thingy wrote:
> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...ll-8800gts-isn
>
> So turn on the bits in the 8800GT you turned off and sell it for more
> dosh....nice work if you can get it....
>
> regards
>
> thing

hmm it is/was rumoured that there would be a 1gig 8800gt, maybe it will
be the memory configuration of this new 8800gts instead....

regards

thing

thingy

thingy wrote:
> thingy wrote:
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...ll-8800gts-isn
>>
>> So turn on the bits in the 8800GT you turned off and sell it for more
>> dosh....nice work if you can get it....
>>
>> regards
>>
>> thing

> hmm it is/was rumoured that there would be a 1gig 8800gt, maybe it will
> be the memory configuration of this new 8800gts instead....
>
> regards
>
> thing

or,

http://www.vr-zone.com/articles/G92_...s/5405.html%20

regards

Thing

Dave N

Just had a computer spend-up and got an 8800 GTX 768 MB along with other
goodies (I'm at an age where the saying 'you can't take it' with you has
meaning!) - this is an impressive card. Had the choice of an MSI factory
overclocked sucker with a one year warranty or an Asus standard one with a
three year warranty - I went the conservative way (had to wait 2 weeks
though). A previous poster mentioned there are not many of the 8800 GTs
around and what is happening at the moment (according to my supplier) is a
shipment comes in (probably a small shipment) and they are disappearing out
the door very quickly. Same thing with the bigger Viewsonic monitors.
Cheers all
Dave N

"thingy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...ll-8800gts-isn
>
> So turn on the bits in the 8800GT you turned off and sell it for more
> dosh....nice work if you can get it....
>
> regards
>
> thing

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh interweb Dave N typed:
> Just had a computer spend-up and got an 8800 GTX 768 MB along with
> other goodies (I'm at an age where the saying 'you can't take it'
> with you has meaning!)

LOL. My parents are off in Tasmania for a couple weeks at the moment, on
what my sister calls a SKI holiday. Spending Kids Inheritance.

> - this is an impressive card. Had the choice
> of an MSI factory overclocked sucker with a one year warranty or an
> Asus standard one with a three year warranty - I went the
> conservative way (had to wait 2 weeks though).

I put a Gigabyte 8800GTX/768MB GDDR3 in a machine for a mate a couple weeks
ago. Nearly $800, acts like a fan heater (double slot, blows out the back)
but he tells me it's impressive.

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

Bobs

Dave N wrote:
> Just had a computer spend-up and got an 8800 GTX 768 MB along with other
> goodies (I'm at an age where the saying 'you can't take it' with you has
> meaning!) - this is an impressive card. Had the choice of an MSI factory
> overclocked sucker with a one year warranty or an Asus standard one with a
> three year warranty - I went the conservative way (had to wait 2 weeks
> though). A previous poster mentioned there are not many of the 8800 GTs
> around and what is happening at the moment (according to my supplier) is a
> shipment comes in (probably a small shipment) and they are disappearing out
> the door very quickly. Same thing with the bigger Viewsonic monitors.
> Cheers all

i acutally managed to get a 8800GT from QMB Computers in Onehunga for
about 470 incl gst. Came with Company of Heroes too (released last
year), which is apparently a brilliant game.

Very happy with the performance.

> Dave N
>

> "thingy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...ll-8800gts-isn
>>
>> So turn on the bits in the 8800GT you turned off and sell it for more
>> dosh....nice work if you can get it....
>>
>> regards
>>
>> thing

Bobs

~misfit~ wrote:
> Somewhere on teh interweb Dave N typed:
>> Just had a computer spend-up and got an 8800 GTX 768 MB along with
>> other goodies (I'm at an age where the saying 'you can't take it'
>> with you has meaning!)

> LOL. My parents are off in Tasmania for a couple weeks at the moment, on
> what my sister calls a SKI holiday. Spending Kids Inheritance.

Fair enough though. My olds are loaded, have a 900k house all paid off
among other things. I told them to blow it all. I can earn my own cash.

>> - this is an impressive card. Had the choice
>> of an MSI factory overclocked sucker with a one year warranty or an
>> Asus standard one with a three year warranty - I went the
>> conservative way (had to wait 2 weeks though).

> I put a Gigabyte 8800GTX/768MB GDDR3 in a machine for a mate a couple weeks
> ago. Nearly $800, acts like a fan heater (double slot, blows out the back)
> but he tells me it's impressive.
>
> Cheers,

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh interweb Bobs typed:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>> Somewhere on teh interweb Dave N typed:
>>> Just had a computer spend-up and got an 8800 GTX 768 MB along with
>>> other goodies (I'm at an age where the saying 'you can't take it'
>>> with you has meaning!)

>> LOL. My parents are off in Tasmania for a couple weeks at the
>> moment, on what my sister calls a SKI holiday. Spending Kids
>> Inheritance.

> Fair enough though. My olds are loaded, have a 900k house all paid off
> among other things. I told them to blow it all. I can earn my own
> cash.

Oh I agree. It's just my sister's sense of humour, gives the parents a
ribbing.

AFAIC I hope they spend every cent they have on enjoying themselves, they've
earned it.
--
TTFN,

Shaun.

thingy

~misfit~ wrote:
> Somewhere on teh interweb Dave N typed:
>> Just had a computer spend-up and got an 8800 GTX 768 MB along with
>> other goodies (I'm at an age where the saying 'you can't take it'
>> with you has meaning!)

> LOL. My parents are off in Tasmania for a couple weeks at the moment, on
> what my sister calls a SKI holiday. Spending Kids Inheritance.
>
>> - this is an impressive card. Had the choice
>> of an MSI factory overclocked sucker with a one year warranty or an
>> Asus standard one with a three year warranty - I went the
>> conservative way (had to wait 2 weeks though).

I'd go std especially as the overclocked ones seem little advanced on a
std one with a wee bit of overclocking anyway.

> I put a Gigabyte 8800GTX/768MB GDDR3 in a machine for a mate a couple weeks
> ago. Nearly $800, acts like a fan heater (double slot, blows out the back)
> but he tells me it's impressive.

yeah, When I upgraded my cpu from a p4-2200Mhz to a AMD dual 6000+ I was
gob smacked about how much better BF2141 looked...the 7600GT really
flew....way way more impressive....a 8800gt or gtx will be a big
improvement again....

:/

regards

Thing