Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Wireless ADSL modem/router recommendations

Wireless ADSL modem/router recommendations

Icka

Has anyone got/used any of the following that they can recommend?

Belkin F5D7633au4A
D-Link DSL-G604T
Dynalink RTA1025W
Linksys WAG200G

I recently got a CNet CAR-854 but it's going back, so I'm after a
reliable replacement. The CNet was frequently disconnecting, several
times an hour (the Keep Alive option was set to be always active). So I'm
back on my trusty Billion router, but want to get this laptop wireless
I don't really want to add a wireless router to my Billion/switch setup -
the less junk plugged in the better.

XPD

> Belkin F5D7633au4A

Never used

> D-Link DSL-G604T

Avoid Dlink (IMHO anyway) - I find they are the most fussy of all units,
most Ive used refuse to connect to any other type of Wifi gear except their
own brand.

> Dynalink RTA1025W

Great units for the price

> Linksys WAG200G

Never used but Linksys generally good gear.

whoisthis

In article <47420957$(E-Mail Removed)>, Icka <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Has anyone got/used any of the following that they can recommend?
>

> Belkin F5D7633au4A
> D-Link DSL-G604T
> Dynalink RTA1025W
> Linksys WAG200G
>

> I recently got a CNet CAR-854 but it's going back, so I'm after a
> reliable replacement. The CNet was frequently disconnecting, several
> times an hour (the Keep Alive option was set to be always active). So I'm
> back on my trusty Billion router, but want to get this laptop wireless
> I don't really want to add a wireless router to my Billion/switch setup -
> the less junk plugged in the better.

Problem is they ALL make compromises.
You are much better to but separate wireless/ADSL because you can then
shop for the best product for each.

Dogboy

Ive been very impressed with Dynalink gear and less than impressed with
D-Link stuff.

Icka

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 20:41:57 +1300, Dogboy wrote:

> Ive been very impressed with Dynalink gear and less than impressed with
> D-Link stuff.

I think I'll go for the Dynalink...if I ever get the RA# for this dud
Cnet.