Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > XNET

trueone

hi thinking of changing to xnet from xtra. anyone with reasons not to
change or for , i would appreciate hearing from. thanks
Gilbert

EMB

trueone wrote:
> hi thinking of changing to xnet from xtra. anyone with reasons not to
> change or for , i would appreciate hearing from. thanks

Faster, cheaper, decent helldesk, usenet server, cheap VOIP.

Just do it, and find someone already on xnet and use them as the
"friend"* who recommended you so they get the $50 credit.

*Hint, I'm on xnet.

Nicolaas Hawkins

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 21:07:50 +1300, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
<news:47415059$(E-Mail Removed)>:

> trueone wrote:
>> hi thinking of changing to xnet from xtra. anyone with reasons not to
>> change or for , i would appreciate hearing from. thanks

> Faster, cheaper, decent helldesk, usenet server, cheap VOIP.
>
> Just do it, and find someone already on xnet and use them as the
> "friend"* who recommended you so they get the $50 credit.
>
> *Hint, I'm on xnet.

Apple polisher!

--
Nicolaas.

.... It is not what a teenager knows that bothers hir parents, it is how
s/he found out.

EMB

Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

> Apple polisher!

Beats being an Apple user

Nicolaas Hawkins

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 21:49:49 +1300, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
<news:47415a2f$(E-Mail Removed)>:

> Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
>>
>> Apple polisher!
>>

> Beats being an Apple user

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Yesssssssssssssss.................

--
Nicolaas.

.... Adolescent: 85% stomach, 15% mouth.

blanking

"trueone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi thinking of changing to xnet from xtra. anyone with reasons not to
> change or for , i would appreciate hearing from. thanks
> Gilbert

Well the helpdesk is about as helpful as most isp helpdesks. i.e if there is
a problem at the isp end the helpdesk stonewall you, the helpdesk staff are
the most arrogant I have come across with only 1 member I have spoke to so
far that was not this way and I have rang many times. I have serious
concerns about the speed and quality of data delivery, look into newsgroup
archive for more details on this.

Squiggle

blanking wrote:
> "trueone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> hi thinking of changing to xnet from xtra. anyone with reasons not to
>> change or for , i would appreciate hearing from. thanks
>> Gilbert

> Well the helpdesk is about as helpful as most isp helpdesks. i.e if there is
> a problem at the isp end the helpdesk stonewall you, the helpdesk staff are
> the most arrogant I have come across with only 1 member I have spoke to so
> far that was not this way and I have rang many times. I have serious
> concerns about the speed and quality of data delivery, look into newsgroup
> archive for more details on this.

My experiences differ somewhat from blankings'.. i have found the
helpdesk to be more open about faults they have than other ISPs i have
dealt with.

Speeds were generally good (tho have been a bit slower recently)
unfortunatley they seem to be using asianet for US traffic which screws
any attempt to games on battle.net at times.

trueone

"trueone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi thinking of changing to xnet from xtra. anyone with reasons not to
> change or for , i would appreciate hearing from. thanks
> Gilbert

Thanks for your input. I have taken blanking into account as well and have
decided I will go with xnet. xtra email are not getting throught half the
time.

Gilbert

blanking

"trueone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "trueone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> hi thinking of changing to xnet from xtra. anyone with reasons not to
>> change or for , i would appreciate hearing from. thanks
>> Gilbert

> Thanks for your input. I have taken blanking into account as well and
> have decided I will go with xnet. xtra email are not getting throught
> half the time.
>
> Gilbert

Don't forget to give us an update once you have once you have something to
report especially once you use the helpdesk for a problem.

trueone

"blanking" <blanking@brain> wrote in message
news:47437b53$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "trueone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "trueone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> hi thinking of changing to xnet from xtra. anyone with reasons not to
>>> change or for , i would appreciate hearing from. thanks
>>> Gilbert

>> Thanks for your input. I have taken blanking into account as well and
>> have decided I will go with xnet. xtra email are not getting throught
>> half the time.
>>
>> Gilbert

> Don't forget to give us an update once you have once you have something to
> report especially once you use the helpdesk for a problem.

Maybe you are right. Had email saying they couldnt get me on phone. had to
ring them to confirm details. tried 2 hours so far and either once the
transfer me it cuts off and I ring again or they tell me they are busy and
ring in 10 minutes time. Have given up for now and probably rethink
goingwith them now.