Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Kill filing in Google Groups

Kill filing in Google Groups

Peter Jenkins

Used to be easy to do in Outlook Express when I used that to read
Usenet, not that I did it much, but it is useful for deleting obvious
spam (such as the M15 crap plaguing this group at the mo)

Was going to ask if anyone know how this functionality can be achieved
in Google groups?
Have had a look through their help, either I've missed it or it isn't
there

Discovered this on Google

http://www.talkaboutvideo.com/group/...s/1221112.html

Hope this is of use to you all

Regards
Peter Jenkins
see http://www.sensiblesentencing.org.nz

Ralph Fox

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 19:15:28 -0800 (PST), in message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Peter Jenkins wrote:

> Used to be easy to do in Outlook Express when I used that to read
> Usenet, not that I did it much, but it is useful for deleting obvious
> spam (such as the M15 crap plaguing this group at the mo)
>
> Was going to ask if anyone know how this functionality can be achieved
> in Google groups?
> Have had a look through their help, either I've missed it or it isn't
> there

Google Groups itself does not have this. You might find a Greasemonkey
script for Firefox to give you back some filtering capability.

--
Cheers,
Ralph

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh interweb Peter Jenkins typed:
> Used to be easy to do in Outlook Express when I used that to read
> Usenet, not that I did it much, but it is useful for deleting obvious
> spam (such as the M15 crap plaguing this group at the mo)
>
> Was going to ask if anyone know how this functionality can be achieved
> in Google groups?
> Have had a look through their help, either I've missed it or it isn't
> there
>
> Discovered this on Google
>
> http://www.talkaboutvideo.com/group/...s/1221112.html
>
> Hope this is of use to you all

Hi Peter,

I read that posted to another of my groups yesterday. It should be a real
boon to Google users.
--
TTFN,

Shaun.

Graymond

On Nov 19, 4:15 pm, Peter Jenkins <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Used to be easy to do in Outlook Express when I used that to read
> Usenet, not that I did it much, but it is useful for deleting obvious
> spam (such as the M15 crap plaguing this group at the mo)
>
> Was going to ask if anyone know how this functionality can be achieved
> in Google groups?
> Have had a look through their help, either I've missed it or it isn't
> there
>
> Discovered this on Google
>
> http://www.talkaboutvideo.com/group/...s/1221112.html
>
> Hope this is of use to you all
>
> Regards
> Peter Jenkins
> seehttp://www.sensiblesentencing.org.nz

I often wondered about Greasemonkey and what use it would be, now I
know, many thanks for activating this aged brain.
Regards,
Ray Dyer