Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > ViewSonic VX715 LCD monitor

ViewSonic VX715 LCD monitor

trevor.ribbands

After having first RTFM, I can't resolve the following fault and wonder if
this 2 yo monitor is munted.
After switching on, the contrast/brightness window comes on randomly and
turns both the contrast and brightness up full. Doesn't matter if I reset
it from the menu, it will come back and wind it up again. I can't disable
auto image adjusting if this is what it is.
Also, when in the menu, it will sometimes cycle thru the options on its
own volition.
I am using Mandriva 2007 - in drakconf the monitor is shown as plug n
play VX715. This model is not listed though in the "vendor" group, the
nearest being VC700-3 or VX800.
However, since this problem has only just started, I suspect it's the
hardware. Any thoughts please?

cheers
BrianM

Nicolaas Hawkins

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 01:37:56 GMT, "trevor.ribbands" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in <news(E-Mail Removed) >:

> After having first RTFM, I can't resolve the following fault and wonder if
> this 2 yo monitor is munted.
> After switching on, the contrast/brightness window comes on randomly and
> turns both the contrast and brightness up full. Doesn't matter if I reset
> it from the menu, it will come back and wind it up again. I can't disable
> auto image adjusting if this is what it is.
> Also, when in the menu, it will sometimes cycle thru the options on its
> own volition.
> I am using Mandriva 2007 - in drakconf the monitor is shown as plug n
> play VX715. This model is not listed though in the "vendor" group, the
> nearest being VC700-3 or VX800.
> However, since this problem has only just started, I suspect it's the
> hardware. Any thoughts please?
>
> cheers
> BrianM

Something causing the control buttons on the monitor to stick/jam
physically? - e.g., something (book/s/?) leaning against it?

--
Nicolaas.

.... When sign makers go on strike, is anything written on their picket
signs?

trevor.ribbands

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 14:55:41 +1300, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 01:37:56 GMT, "trevor.ribbands" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote in <news(E-Mail Removed) >:
>
>> After having first RTFM, I can't resolve the following fault and wonder if
>> this 2 yo monitor is munted.
>> After switching on, the contrast/brightness window comes on randomly and
>> turns both the contrast and brightness up full. Doesn't matter if I reset
>> it from the menu, it will come back and wind it up again. I can't disable
>> auto image adjusting if this is what it is.
>> Also, when in the menu, it will sometimes cycle thru the options on its
>> own volition.
>> I am using Mandriva 2007 - in drakconf the monitor is shown as plug n
>> play VX715. This model is not listed though in the "vendor" group, the
>> nearest being VC700-3 or VX800.
>> However, since this problem has only just started, I suspect it's the
>> hardware. Any thoughts please?
>>
>> cheers
>> BrianM

> Something causing the control buttons on the monitor to stick/jam
> physically? - e.g., something (book/s/?) leaning against it?

No, the buttons are along the bottom of the front panel and are clear.
Think it's more likely to be internal rather than external. cheers

BrianM