Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Unbundled Local Loop prices set by ComCom

Unbundled Local Loop prices set by ComCom

Squiggle

Didn't notice theis mentioned in here anywhere yesterday:

http://stuff.co.nz/4264960a28.html

***
Commission raises Telecom network access prices
NZPA | Wednesday, 7 November 2007

The Commerce Commission has set the local wholesale access price to
the Telecom network above draft levels in its final determination issued
today.

The watchdog's unbundling determination will allow competitors to access
services from Telecom's local loop at the set price without the need for
any separate agreements.

The commission said Telecom must give rivals access to the copper phone
lines which run from houses to Telecom phone exchanges so called
unbundled local loops at $19.84 per subscriber.

The commission set a price of $36.63 for supplying access to rural areas
and the charge for transferring a customer to the service was set at
$74.83.
***

So if the local loop is going to cost an ISP $20/month how much are they
going to add on to cover the cost of providing bandwidth and the basics
(email/DNS/helldesk/billing etc)?

Somehow i dont see any plans that are going to be significantly cheaper
than whats available at the moment.

XPD

"Squiggle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:47323779$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Somehow i dont see any plans that are going to be significantly cheaper
> than whats available at the moment.

Personally I never expected it to be any cheaper than what it is now.
All thats going to change is instead of everyone blaming Telecom for
equipment failing, is they'll be able to blame individual ISP's.

Dave Taylor

"XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:fgtbdq$jnm$1
@lust.ihug.co.nz:

> Personally I never expected it to be any cheaper than what it is now.
> All thats going to change is instead of everyone blaming Telecom for
> equipment failing, is they'll be able to blame individual ISP's.

Who in turn can do the finger pointing circle of helldesks.
Document everything. I suspect that things will get worse when you need
support as they always do when there are more links in the chain.
I hope I am wrong and it is all roses for everyone.

--
Ciao, Dave

Condition outside loop or separate loop for different condition? - Java 12 06-15-2005 08:50 AM
while loop in a while loop Steven Java 5 03-30-2005 09:19 PM
Loop the loop... =?Utf-8?B?VGltOjouLg==?= ASP .Net 2 02-16-2005 12:21 PM
The Shield: Season 2 DVD Set Prices EvilN8 DVD Video 0 01-03-2004 11:12 PM

Advertisments