Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > New Zealander to chair ICANN

New Zealander to chair ICANN

-=rjh=-

peter

-=rjh=- wrote:

> http://www.icann.org/announcements/a...-3-02nov07.htm
>
> http://www.icann.org/biog/thrush.htm

--------------
Peter Dengate Thrush, a New Zealand lawyer, has been elected unanimously as
the new Chairman of the Board of the Internet Corporation for Assigned
Names and Numbers. "I am delighted that my colleagues have placed their
confidence in me for this challenging and important role," Dengate Thrush
said.
Peter practices civil litigation, specializing in intellectual property,
competition, and Internet law. He has been involved in ICANN since its
inception. As a member of the Boston Working Group, he provided comment in
1998 on the early drafts of the ICANN bylaws, and he co-chaired one of the
pre-formation meetings of the Intellectual Property Constituency in
Wellington, New Zealand.

This is really significant move for NZ on the global stage. But will it
feature in our mainstream media?

Peter